Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hassled at the polls for OCing

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    he stated that he "Just couldn't understand why someone would need to bring a gun here, especially in this day and age."

The best ignorant statement of the week. Just what "day and age" would have been acceptable? One when teenagers didn't murder people for fun? One when gang banger’s (and wannabe gang banger’s) didn't strafe innocent people on the street? One when people didn't loose their lives over twenty dollars? One when the second amendment didn't exist? Oh...it must have been the day and age when LEO's (or constables) were responsible for my personnel safety. Actually I wish you had asked him that. “Oh…you’re here to guarantee my personnel safety….well no….that’s why I carry a gun.”

Kudos, and I look forward to seeing your picture in the post office for being a stand up citizen.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Erie County)

gnbrotz
    Thanks, for what you did

(Venango County)

+1 Dude! Thank you for standing up for our right!!!

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Philadelphia County)

as a constable of elections in Montgomery county, i can tell you he was absolutely incorrect and completely out of line. I welcome anyone to carry...I sure was.
    Last edited by MarcS; November 6th, 2007 at 09:31 PM.

(Franklin County)

I actually tried to call my Rep's office before e-mailing him, since I know he's in the office late, but wasn't surprised that no one answered. I did get a response from him just 15 mins. after I sent the e-mail saying that he will look into it and get back to me asap. We'll see what actually happens, but IMO, a prompt response is a good start.

I sent an e-mail to Kim Stolfer, and have a call in to the President of the PA State Constable Association. Also on my list are the county election board and county commissioners. Anyone else I'm missing?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I actually tried to call my Rep's office before e-mailing him, since I know he's in the office late, but wasn't surprised that no one answered. I did get a response from him just 15 mins. after I sent the e-mail saying that he will look into it and get back to me asap. We'll see what actually happens, but IMO, a prompt response is a good start.

I sent an e-mail to Kim Stolfer, and have a call in to the President of the PA State Constable Association. Also on my list are the county election board and county commissioners.
    Anyone else I'm missing?
    How about the man in your sig line?

Sounds like you've got things covered. I'm truly impressed.
    I carried too, but not openly. Perhaps if I had, the women "working" the table wouldn't have been so "giggly".

gnbrotz, If you don't mind me asking, what were the reactions of the poll workers/others?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Hey gnbrotz,

You did a good thing tonight. You should be very proud of yourself for the way you handled the situation you were in. We surely need more people just like you (brave/smart) on our side who are ready and willing to fight for our gun rights.

Take care,

rand

(Delaware County)

I was wondering what stories would come from today. I carried concealed, when i walked into the building i stopped to talk to the man giving out the sample ballots, old family friend. The lady in front of me when she walked into the library she set off the alarm for stolen books. There was a man standing there in a trench coat that told her it was ok, that was just to detect if someone tried to bring a gun into the building. So i walked through..... didnt go off, I was carrying one of those undetectable glocks though. I almost laughed. But i cast my vote, and had a nice conversation with our old friend, then wandered out. If i had time to kill i might have engaged what i was sure was a constable, in conversation, but i had my wife with me and she is 8 months pregnant so i had to go.

gnbrotz:
    You did a good thing. Argueing from an educated position while it may have irratated the constable, was some good medicine for him. It pays to know the law.
    While it would have diffused the situation by putting your gun in your car, Im glad you didnt, we have to hold the ground we have or it will be gone
    Last edited by Chevmeister; November 10th, 2007 at 11:15 PM.

(Cambria County)

Great work gnbrotz! Excellent way to handle the situation, make sure you follow up on it (as I am sure you will). I sent some rep your way too.

(Philadelphia County)

You rock.

==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast