Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Why we need castle doctrine NOW

This is a portion of the letter I sent to my state senator and representative. I think it's insane that we even need a law to allow us to protect ourselves but there you are.

I strongly support HB40 (The "castle doctrine") and I urge you to do the same and move now to expedite this legislation

At 4:45 this morning (Oct.1) I was awakened by a loud banging on my front door and my dogs barking incessantly. The first thing I did was get my revolver from the safe.

I opened the door, gun in my pocket, to find the police were investigating a 911 "hang up" call from my address. We had made no such call and attributed the problem to the recent storms having affected utility lines in the area.

Am I to understand that if, instead of finding the police making an innocuous inquiry in the middle of the night, I was confronted with an armed criminal trying to force his way into my home, I could do nothing to resist? Must I and my family retreat into my home while it is ransacked? (If we make it that far?) Wait for them to enter my bedroom before I can fight back? If I fight the intruder do I understand correctly that he or his family can sue me? What dire consequences might result from this absurd policy?

The right to self preservation precedes all others.

Please get this bill passed immediately and return some semblance of common sense to the commonwealth.

What I learned from this: 1. I can open the electronic combination lock in under 3 seconds ... in the dark. 2. A revolver is the way to go in these situations. I can't imagine, while half asleep, having the presence of mind to check to see if there's a round in the chamber, if the safety is off, if the hammer is cocked. Revolver = aim and (if need be) pull trigger.

If you haven't contacted your legislators to support this bill yet, please do so!

Ham radio: when all else fails.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Why we need castle doctrine NOW

We already have Castle Doctrine, so if someone forced their way into your house your could defend yourself and family. You have no duty to retreat in your home. You may use deadly force if in fear of death, serious bodily injury, rape, or kidnapping. Or if a felony has occurred upon an unlawful entry.

Reading material:
    Title 18, Chapter 5, Subsection 505 - http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/...lf-protection/

Title 18, Chapter 5, Subsection 507 - http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/...n-of-property/
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!