Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Selling a Gun You Know You Like for a Gun You Like the Idea of...

Ever done it? I'm trying to be practical. I either carry a 4 inch XD or a S&W 637, or both. The XD can at times be a bit large, but I find that I'm extremely proficient with it. The 637 is tiny and light but is damn hard to be very proficient with, especially if I don't practice often. So I guess I'm trying to find a balance. More capacity then the J frame, easier to shoot, but smaller and lighter than the XD. I've been looking at subcompact XDs, Glock 26, 27, 30, 36, (None of that goofy .45GAP stuff though.) The Kahrs, Kel Tec P11 and PF9, all types of shit.

I was seriously considering selling my Ruger MKIII and putting that towards the new carry gun. Problem is I shot it today and don't think I can bring myself to sell it. Until today it had been sitting in the safe untouched for a while. I figured, "I never shoot it anymore, might as well sell it." I shouldn't have shot it today. I love that thing. There aren't many pistols I own that I shoot for accuracy at 50 yards. Hell, there aren't many pistols I shoot at 50 yards period. And the gun has never given me a single issue. I extol the hundreds of virtues of the Ruger MK series to anyone looking for a .22 pistol, and now I wanna hock mine? How would that look? (Would give me an excuse to get a slab side later...)

Has anybody been in this situation? Have you sold a gun you liked to fund a gun that you wanted to ease your carry situation?
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Default Re: Selling a Gun You Know You Like for a Gun You Like the Idea of...

DOn't sale anything ,just move them down the rotation :

last 6 months

1. witness p companct 10mm - $$$ to shoot
    2. sigpro 2009 9mm- to big , 9mm <
    3. sig229 40s&w - to big , 40 >
    4. Kimber UC2 - perfect

p.s. this is what layaway is for
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda240 View Post

p.s. this is what layaway is for
    This is true. I did find a place that will let me do 9 months, which is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    This is true. I did find a place that will let me do 9 months, which is pretty awesome.
    my problem is that i can't wait... I think the most i lasted was 3 weeks before i went and picked up my layaway...

What are you looking at picking up ?
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda240 View Post
    my problem is that i can't wait... I think the most i lasted was 3 weeks before i went and picked up my layaway...

What are you looking at picking up ?
    I don't even know. I almost bought a Kel Tec P3AT the other day, and almost bought a P11 the next day.

I thought about a Glock 26 but I really just don't feel right with Glocks. Maybe a Walther PPS, a 4 inch 1911, I dunno. I'm really liking DA/SA as an option though... What I'd love is a SA only Sig P220... But that's probably wishful thinking. I dunno, I want it all. I really do like SA combat handguns, or DA/SA. Maybe a P239, if I could find a reasonably priced one.
    Last edited by rwb1500; October 2nd, 2010 at 02:30 AM.

(Luzerne County)

I always have something laid away. Sometimes two or three things. Just a few months ago I brought home a blued Kimber lde. Then I found a stanless Kimber lde that I just couldn't wait to bring home. So I traded in a set of desert Eagles I had. I managed to bring home the Kimber and another gun. The Eagles were very cool. But I really did not use them. Never even shot the one.

Currently paying on another 1911, and an Ar15, and a set of crimmson trace grips for the Kimber.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lancaster County)

I've gone through this before. I had a Kimber UC II which I absolutly loved and was a dream to shoot and carry. However with money getting tighter I decided that it was best if I traded down and pick up something cheaper to shoot and just as easy to concel. I ended up back with a Glock 26 which I like and it costs me half as much to shoot, but man do I miss my UC II. I will own another 1911 someday it's just a matter of when...
    P229- 40 S&W

(Bucks County)

Keep the .22. Sell the other guns if you genuinely don't care for them.

-Zach

(Northampton County)

My thoughts are def keep the .22. What else can you shoot for 15 bucks for 500 rounds? The reason I have my .22 pistol is to practice shooting handguns. I'll run 100-200 rounds through that at the range, then pick up one of my other handguns and shoot a dozen or so through it. It's much cheaper to become proficient on a .22 than on something bigger. That and it's so much darn fun shooting a .22 because of it's accuracy and light recoil.
    "The Earth is for the living." -Thomas Jefferson

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdeily View Post
    My thoughts are def keep the .22. What else can you shoot for 15 bucks for 500 rounds? The reason I have my .22 pistol is to practice shooting handguns. I'll run 100-200 rounds through that at the range, then pick up one of my other handguns and shoot a dozen or so through it. It's much cheaper to become proficient on a .22 than on something bigger. That and it's so much darn fun shooting a .22 because of it's accuracy and light recoil.
    This is true. I've been known to shoot through 500 rounds of .22 in a range trip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast