Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Centre elections

Guys and Gals!

It's that time again, Elections! Don't forget to get out and vote today 0700-2000.

With that said I'm sure there are some people who have not had then chance to research the candidates so I figured I would offer some insight as I have seen there was at least one question as to who to vote for. In no particular order here they are (with a little info added to some as I see needed)

County Commissioners: Steve Dershem, John Eich, Sue Mascolo

Centre County Judge: Jonathan Grine Esq.

Centre County Magisterial District Judge: Leslie Dutchcot Esq.

And the big one that people always seem to get loaded up about...

Centre County Sheriff: Doug Kalmbach

Sheriff always seems to bring worries to the firearms community and everyone seems happy to stay with someone (incumbent Nau) who has not messed with the "status quo" for the last 4 terms but alas there are other problems that we need to be worried about with in our sheriffs department. It takes a lot of guts for a former employee to quit his job because of the basic problems with his job. This happens to be the case with Kalmbach (former deputy sheriff) but he isn't the only one who left the sheriffs office to peruse this chance to change the office.
    Paul Stamm who was also a deputy sheriff for a number of years decided to leave the office at the same time Kalmbach did because of the problems that were encountered and ran against Kalmbach in the primary. In light of his defeat during the primary he now endorses Kalmbach for the position of Sheriff. Kalmbach also has recived the endorsement of the Ferguson Township Police Association (non of the other police departments endorse any candidate) and the Teamsters Local 8 (PSU).

I know this seems long winded but it's something that I feel strongly about. We need reform in our sheriff office and we need it now! It is mind boggling that there are over 1000 unserved warns through this officer right now. As a resident this disturbs me and makes me wonder what the hell is going on down there! I am 100% sure that if Kalmbach gets elected we will see no change to any of the current offices firearms policies and no one should be worried. I've had extensive conversations reguarding firearms, the RKBA and title 2 firearms with Doug and he is right on the same wavelength as all of us.

So I will step off my soap box now and shut up and let you decide. Just make sure you get out there and vote, I know I will be!

Cheers,
    Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Centre County)

Default Re: Centre elections

Good post Medic. I'm glad to see that somebody is interested in the elections. I had some questions about Kalmbach back in the primary election. I didn't get much feedback. the local elections are tough because there isn't alwasy a lot of information readily available about the candidates.

I would have really liked to have heard Kalmbachs position on Title II weapons. that was a primary concern of mine when I went to the polls. I wished I'd have read this post prior to the election with a little more time to research it. Would it have changed my vote, maybe, maybe not. But I am glad that you raised the question. That's what it's all about.