Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Who are our best canidates

Who should we be considering best for gun-rights in this coming election? Both National and State?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Who are our best canidates

At the top of the ticket we should be looking for Swann and Mathews. Fast Eddie is a gun banner from way back and would be pushing both the state house and senate to ban EBRs, force one gun a month and other laws down our throats if he had the opportunity and a Democrat majority in both houses. For US Senate our only clear choice is Santorum. I know that Casey claims to be pro-gun, but he would be a Jr. Democratic Senator and would take his marching orders from the party based on past performance. Santorum is clearly pro-gun, pro 2A and is in a leadership position in the Senate. As far as your local races are concerned, I can't help you there.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    For US Senate our only clear choice is Santorum. I know that Casey claims to be pro-gun, but he would be a Jr. Democratic Senator and would take his marching orders from the party based on past performance. Santorum is clearly pro-gun, pro 2A and is in a leadership position in the Senate.
    I'll second this position, no matter what Casey claims (whether true or not) he is an unknown, Rick Santorum is an established, pro-2a senator with a long history of votes to prove it. I can't say I like everything he thinks and does but overall, and from a firearm owner's standpoint he is the only choice.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Washington County)

Speaking of canidates, would you belive some rat b@$tard stole my Swann sign out of my yard. I have 3 others, of different canidates, they only took his. Dims are starting to get desperate, taking signs out of peoples yards.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbercdp View Post
    Speaking of canidates, would you belive some rat b@$tard stole my Swann sign out of my yard. I have 3 others, of different canidates, they only took his. Dims are starting to get desperate, taking signs out of peoples yards.
    Did you know if they are on your yard you can remove them?
    Political supporters ar enot allowed to tresspass and plant those on yards, they are supposed to ask if they can from the owner. What should come about is a law that says they have to remove them after the elections, In Quebec, Canada they passed that law. Now no more then 14 days after the elections, all signs of electorates have to be down or that candidate gets a fine per sign.

There are some places where there are so many signs out here, it looks like polution, its like they think having 20 signs on a curve will improuve their chances.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    I'll second this position, no matter what Casey claims (whether true or not) he is an unknown, Rick Santorum is an established, pro-2a senator with a long history of votes to prove it. I can't say I like everything he thinks and does but overall, and from a firearm owner's standpoint he is the only choice.
    Also if Casey and enough of his friends get in Palosic gets to be majority whip. Senior position on ALL commities goes from senior Republican to senior Democrat. The liberals will control what bills are introduced and what bills are voted on. We in the gun crowd have taken the offensive and are retaking control. With more Republicans in office we might get a few more protections put in place.

(Beaver County)

Thats pretty much the way I saw it guys. Just wanted to get some other opinions. Locally, Im going for Jeff Harris

Jeff Harris says:

I oppose any ban of firearms or ammunition. I also oppose the prohibition of the citizens right to carry a legally owned firearm into any public building – EXCEPT for a courtroom.
    I have been endorsed by the Firearm Owners Against Crime organization. http://www.foac-pac.org/
    I am in favor of lowering taxes by making our state government smaller & more efficient.
    I oppose the use of eminent domain for private development.

(Cambria County)

Don't know if anyone else here is in Murtha's district, but I DO know that his opponent, Irey, not only is pro-2A, but she CARRIES to boot!
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Don't know if anyone else here is in Murtha's district, but I DO know that his opponent, Irey, not only is pro-2A, but she CARRIES to boot!
    Murtha's a pretty popular incumbent. Old people like him because of his stance on social security and prescriptions. He'll probably be re-elected.

(Beaver County)

Indeed he probably will. He may not like the war (and is a complete dolt about it) but he sure spends, being the chairman of the defense appropriations commitee. He'll spend to develop the weaponry, he just doesnt like to implement it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast