Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: NFA engraving

Traffic cluster**** capitol, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)

Default NFA engraving

is there anyone within a hour or so of Schuylkill county that can engrave my info on a barrel that i am sending off to be put on my SBR?

Default Re: NFA engraving

engrave or stamp? my dealer stamps, hes in delco if you need him.. let me know

(Jefferson County)

I thought it was only your receiver that needed to be engraved??

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I thought it was only your receiver that needed to be engraved??
    depends what you want registered. i.e. the full auto sear, lower, trigger group...if your making a sbr than it would be the receiver/ lower. my dealer stamped something on the barrel of my tommygun. i think it was the part the pistol grip bolts to. the only way you can see it is if you take the gun apart..

(Montgomery County)

if you are doing the form 1, or a MFG, the marking and viewability requirements are the same.

You must mark the newly made NFA firearm with the S/N, Model Name or Number, *your* Name(if you are making it), City, State and the caliber or gauge. If you used the S/N, Model and caliber from the Title I firearm, then you're already half-way there as far as markings go ...

- Accepted abbreviations may be used for your name (i.e., your ititials), city & state. Ex: John Q. Public, Houston, Texas can be marked as JQ Public, HOU TX.

- The S/N must be marked on the receiver or frame, and must be no less than 1/16" in height and no less than 0.003" deep.

- The remaining information (name, city, state, model and caliber) may be placed EITHER on the receiver OR the barrel, and must be no less than 0.003" deep. There are no minimum height requirements for these markings.

- All required markings must be in Roman letters (English) and Arabic numerals (1,2,3 ...), and be "wholly unobstructed from plain view". In other words, they may not be placed under handguards, grips, inside mag wells, etc.

this is marking requirements law for NFA firearms, you must follow it.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Traffic cluster**** capitol, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)

the firearm manufacturer (the dudes that made the reciver) mark the cal. model number,. company name and location etc etc,..

that is already on the reciver,.......... however.

i am the one that made it a SBR,.. actually my Trust made it a SBR so i need to have that info stamped / engraved on either the reciver, barrel, or frame,. being it is a AK and less likely to have a barrel swap/ cal. conversion like a AR would i am having the info put on the barrel instead of the reciver. (space is limited,. and i don want to see a billboard everytime i look at the gun)

in my case it could read:

John Paul Doe Trust
    bum fuck, PA.

or

J.P.Doe Trust
    bum fuck, PA.

the markings must be in plain view and unobstructed or covered by any part of the firearm. and so many 0.001's deep and a certain height or size. (cant recall off the top of my head.)

i am wondering if anyone knows of a jewlery store that does wedding ring engravings or something.

point is i have to get it done ASAP,. preferably while i wait.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzie27 View Post
    the firearm manufacturer (the dudes that made the reciver) mark the cal. model number,. company name and location etc etc,..

that is already on the reciver,.......... however.

i am the one that made it a SBR,.. actually my Trust made it a SBR so i need to have that info stamped / engraved on either the reciver, barrel, or frame,. being it is a AK and less likely to have a barrel swap/ cal. conversion like a AR would i am having the info put on the barrel instead of the reciver. (space is limited,. and i don want to see a billboard everytime i look at the gun)

in my case it could read:

John Paul Doe Trust
    bum fuck, PA.

or

J.P.Doe Trust
    bum fuck, PA.

the markings must be in plain view and unobstructed or covered by any part of the firearm. and so many 0.001's deep and a certain height or size. (cant recall off the top of my head.)

i am wondering if anyone knows of a jewlery store that does wedding ring engravings or something.

point is i have to get it done ASAP,. preferably while i wait.
    if you burn your barrel up then you have to get the new one engraved.