Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any m&p 9c owners?

Bought my first pistol about a month ago ( s&w model 60) love it. Now i want a semi auto. Glock 26,or mp9c. mainly for carry. Figure if I buy three a year, in four years when I retire I will have plenty to shoot. This gun thing is addicting. Thanks in advance

(Berks County)

Default Re: Any m&p 9c owners?

i have a 40C and i love it. it's the same exact size gun as a 9C, just different caliber. every time i hold it i'm amazed by how perfectly it fits my hands. it's by far the most comfortable compact gun i've ever held. no matter what else i get, i'll never get rid of my 40C, it's just too perfect.

ETA: I have about sent 950 rounds through it since i bought it, from bottom of the barrel junk all the way up to every major self defense/law enforcement round. and i have not had a single issue. every time i pulled the trigger, i heard a bang and it loaded the next round. also, the pinky extension on the magazine makes it feel almost identical to the full size version. the recoil is very controllable, the trigger is fairly crisp and not too heavy.

i would recommend the M&P compacts to anyone. check out http://mp-pistol.com/boards/index.php?showforum=59 for details about the guns and things to think about before buying one.
    Last edited by DC2.2GSR; September 27th, 2010 at 03:23 PM.

(Monroe County)

I have the 9c, its a great carry weapon, I wouldn't hesitate to get another one and it shoots very similar to its full size brother. I us the pinky extensions on my mags (free from S&W) and it works great
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

The M&p compact pistol is an awesome gun, very ergonomic, if i didnt already have a Glock 26 i would have bought one already.

(Allegheny County)

I have had a MP9c as a carry gun for a little over a year now and love it, probably 500+ rounds through it with no FTF or jams, I honestly feel it is a slightly better gun then the Glock do to astounding out of the box accuracy and the fact tha alll of the moving contact parts are metal where some on the flock are plastic. Check the reviews online you will see I am not the only one giving the MP9c 5 stars!!
    Last edited by JoshT; September 27th, 2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Spell check

(Allegheny County)

My EDC gun is the Glock 19, my wife's is the Glock 26. With that said, when I go home to WA state, my carry gun is a S&W M&P9c.

I really like the 9c, it shoots and handles really nice. In fact, if I had to choose between a Glock 26 or S&W M&P9c, I would probably pick the M&P. Nothing wrong with a 26, but the grip on the M&P9c fits me perfectly.

I don't think that you can go wrong with either one.

Good luck with your choice.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Before I deployed I bought one for my girlfriend to carry while I'm away. We got very familiar with it and put well over 300 rounds through it. For a little guy, it's quite the shooter. Very impressed. It's very easy to carry concealed as well. My next pistol is an M&P 9 Pro Series. I started out with two USPs and the M&Ps are slowly winning me over. Way to go Smith and Wesson.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Monroe County)

i have a 9C as my daily carry and i shoot it every chance i get. its been 100% flawless as far as function goes.

the two things tho that ive be disappointed in is
    1) one of the white dots fell out of the rear sight while shooting. phone call to S&W and they sent me a new rear sight. took all of 2 mins to install it.
    2) if you dont wipe it down after having a sweaty arm leaning on it for a few hours during the summer, it will do what mine did. it developed rust on the rear sight and the right side serrations. ive cleaned it good, and scrubbed it down with a toothbrush, but the damage has been done. its pitted a bit.

it is after all a carry gun and looks dont really matter but i was kind of bummed about the finish being that lousy. other then that i love the gun.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

Hey I had a M&P 9c and it was my first gun. But I ended up trading it for something a little bigger (P229) to learn how to shoot a little better. I have a carry piece now so I don't think I'm in the market to pick up another one. But it did shoot very well and carried decently.

I used to own one. I have huge paws, but despite its small size, I shot it very well. On the basic pistol range qualifying test at SPAG, I shot a perfect 150 with it. In a fit of generosity, I traded it away, but it was worth it, as it got Mrs. Plinker her new favorite carry gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast