Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mounts

(Wayne County)

Default Mounts

Guys don`t know if this is the right place but who else better to ask than hunters. Is it legal to sell your trophy mounts in Pa. In N.J. it was illegal. I have 3 hogs, 1 fallow deer, 1 bb and 1 coyote rug. If it it legal I`ll put all the info in the classified. Thanks.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Default Re: Mounts

The hogs and fallow are ok, not sure on the bear and coyote rug. Hogs and fallow ok due to not being native to PA, plus if you got them at a game ranch place. I think bears can be sold if not a PA bear, same may be for coyotes. I don't recall all the regs, the WCO who posts here now and then should be able to help you.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Wayne County)

XD40coyote Thanks for the info. The bear is from B.C. the yote is from New Brunswick Canada. Fallow is fromTexas. They`re down in my basement very humid and I have no place to hang them in my home. You are one of the guys aren`t you?

Wife won't let you put them upstairs? If that is the case, I must say I HATE THAT.

You could always get a dehumidifier for the basement if you can afford 1.

Am I "one of the guys"? LMAO what does that mean? I'm not a WCO if that is what you mean, but I used to be a PA taxidermist, however I recall needing a taxidermy and furdealer lisc to sell "anything", but it was specifics, and that is what I cannot remember.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Bucks County)

Why not start here? http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/

You can get the regional office number from the site and give them a call.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    Wife won't let you put them upstairs? If that is the case, I must say I HATE THAT.

You could always get a dehumidifier for the basement if you can afford 1.

Am I "one of the guys"? LMAO what does that mean? I'm not a WCO if that is what you mean, but I used to be a PA taxidermist, however I recall needing a taxidermy and furdealer lisc to sell "anything", but it was specifics, and that is what I cannot remember.
    XD40coyote no I do what I want in my home. Wifey has her NY Yankee room I have mine. When I built my home I made it airy and open with 8 ft cielings. Not to many walls to hang stuff on. Moose rack is over my fireplace some pelts hanging just not enough room. As for the guy thing I know your a lady but you would rather be out hunting, trapping, downing a brew or out shooting than be at home knitting. Thats what I mean when I said your one of the guys. NO disrespect intended all GOOD.

(Washington County)

§ 147.146. Sale of inedible wildlife parts.
    (a) Wildlife lawfully taken within this Commonwealth that has been mounted, tanned or completely prepared for study or display in accordance with generally accepted taxidermy procedures may be sold if one of the following conditions is met:

(1) The original owner is deceased.

(2) The original owner’s assets are being liquidated.

(3) The original owner’s specimen is determined to be unclaimed as provided for in subsection (b).

(b) A specimen will be considered unclaimed when the following conditions are met:

(1) The specimen was lawfully possessed when originally deposited with the taxidermist.

(2) The specimen was mounted, tanned or completely prepared for study or display in accordance with generally accepted taxidermy procedures.

(3) The taxidermist has made a reasonable effort to contact the original owner or depositor through any means generally available to inform the owner or depositor that the specimen is complete and should be picked up within a certain time period.

(4) The owner, or the original depositor of the specimen, has been notified by certified, first-class mail and has failed to contact the taxidermist within 30 days of receipt of the notice; or the taxidermist is notified by the postal authorities the certified mail is unclaimed or undeliverable. The specimen will be considered unclaimed after 30 days from the date the taxidermist was notified.

(c) Before selling a specimen, a permit shall be obtained from a Commission officer.

(d) An executed copy of the permit application (PGC-12) shall list the items to be sold. The permit is valid for 120 days.

(e) The fee for a permit issued under this section is $5.

(f) The original owner of a specimen may donate the specimen to a wildlife conservation organization, which may then sell the specimen without a permit for fund raising purposes.

(g) Second and subsequent owners of wildlife parts acquired in accordance with section 2312(c)(1) of the act (relating to buying and selling of game) may sell the parts if included as part of a manufactured or finished product.

(h) Second and subsequent owners of deer hides acquired in accordance with section 2312(c)(1) of the act may buy and sell the deer hides. Deer capes may only be sold by the original owner.

(i) A person violating this section shall be subject to the penalties provided in section 2312 of the act.

Authority

The provisions of this § 147.146 issued under the Game and Wildlife Code, 34 Pa.C.S. § § 2102(a) and 2312(c)(2); amended under the Game and Wildlife Code, 34 Pa.C.S. § § 2102(a), 2312(c)(2) and 2901(b).

Source

The provisions of this § 147.146 adopted November 2, 2001, effective November 3, 2001, 31 Pa.B. 6052; amended March 23, 2007, effective March 24, 2007, 37 Pa.B. 1312. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (285093) to (285094).
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

WCO, what if the animals were taken in another state? Are game ranch animals or fur farmed animals considered wildlife?
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Wayne County)

WCO R.W.J what do I do with animals not taken in Pa? Fallow deer from Texas, wild boar from S.C. and 1 bear should mount 1 Coyote skin rug from New Brunswick Canada? The Pa. part I understand the 5 buck tag but there is no mention of animals taken in other states or countries. Thanks for your help. Have a safe season.

(Washington County)

There is no regulation on out of State animals, you can sell them
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast