Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gun free zones are dangerous

An interesting video on mass shootings and I like the comment on Gun Free Zones from the officer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FuIbujpLWA

Thought I'd share and hope I placed this in the right place.

J

Default Re: Gun free zones are dangerous

Whow, some people actually thought about the children!

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

(Northampton County)

As a LEO I believe EVERYWHERE should be a gun free zone and carrying a gun in them should NOT be tolerated. Unless you a law abiding citizen with a LTCF. I will make any bet that the more criminals realize that citizens are armed and will defend themselves, the crime rate would rapidly decrease and stay that way.

(Indiana County)

Besides the grammar being atrocious, I can understand why all the red dots are displayed.

Any other comments and I might earn one, too.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by thestugots01 View Post
    As a LEO I believe EVERYWHERE should be a gun free zone and carrying a gun in them should NOT be tolerated. Unless you a law abiding citizen with a LTCF. I will make any bet that the more criminals realize that citizens are armed and will defend themselves, the crime rate would rapidly decrease and stay that way.
    Everybody is law-abiding.... Until they are not.

You don't need a LTCF to kill and once you have one it doesn't make it impossible for one to do so.

Your logic is illogical

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    Everybody is law-abiding.... Until they are not.

You don't need a LTCF to kill and once you have one it doesn't make it impossible for one to do so.

Your logic is illogical
    Well than obviously not everyone is a law abiding citizen now are they? Also who is talking about killing? Im simply talking about having the right to carry a firearm and protect yourself. So if you would like to make any sense of what you said please do so.

(Delaware County)

Well than obviously not everyone is a law abiding citizen now are they? Also who is talking about killing? Im simply talking about having the right to carry a firearm and protect yourself. So if you would like to make any sense of what you said please do so.
    Everyone is a law-abiding citizen.... UNTIL..... they are not. I'm not sure how to make that any clearer to you. What's the difference if someone has a LTCF?
    How does that make them immune from committing a crime? Your logic doesn't make any sense. You are saying that NOONE should be able to carry a firearm "ANYWHERE" (home, work, car, public, etc.) unless they have a LTCF, like it makes them a superhero with the inability to cause crime.

As a cop, I would hope you understand that laws are not followed by criminals nor are "gun free zones".
    Last edited by BimmerJon; September 25th, 2010 at 11:39 PM.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    Everyone is a law-abiding citizen.... UNTIL..... they are not. I'm not sure how to make that any clearer to you. What's the difference if someone has a LTCF?
    How does that make them immune from committing a crime? Your logic doesn't make any sense. You are saying that NOONE should be able to carry a firearm "ANYWHERE" (home, work, car, public, etc.) unless they have a LTCF, like it makes them a superhero with the inability to cause crime.

As a cop, I would hope you understand that laws are not followed by criminals nor are "gun free zones".
    Obviously in your home and work is not an issue and you dont need a LTCF. But to conceal your firearm everywhere else you do. Instead of picking everything to pieces and trying to examine things excessively, let me make it very clear because you seem to not comprehend. If you're a law abiding citizen, you should carry a firearm, and possess a LTCF if you want to conceal it, and should be able to carry anywhere if you have your LTCF, schools, colleges etc.... happy now?

(Delaware County)

Obviously in your home and work is not an issue and you dont need a LTCF. But to conceal your firearm everywhere else you do. Instead of picking everything to pieces and trying to examine things excessively, let me make it very clear because you seem to not comprehend. If you're a law abiding citizen, you should carry a firearm, and possess a LTCF if you want to conceal it, and should be able to carry anywhere if you have your LTCF, schools, colleges etc.... happy now?
    Well, this is a lot different than this:

As a LEO I believe EVERYWHERE should be a gun free zone and carrying a gun in them should NOT be tolerated, unless you have a LTCF
    You do know that a LTCF is not required to carry a firearm (openly), right? And a LTCF is not a concealed carry permit/license, right?

I do agree with this, and I think our thoughts are finally coming together, but we still completely disagree with each other on (I don't think "everywhere" should be a gun free zone)

If you're a law abiding citizen, you should carry a firearm, and possess a LTCF if you want to conceal it, and should be able to carry anywhere if you have your LTCF, schools, colleges etc.... happy now?

Last edited by BimmerJon; October 6th, 2011 at 11:01 PM.

Thanks for clarifying because your first post was a bit hastily written and it appeared you were not exactly citizen/gun friendly. Again, thanks for clarifiying.

Also, many members here don't believe a LTCF is a valid legal requirement as its a Consitutional Right and as such, it should not be regulated. One does not need a License to Attend Church, write letters to elected officials (redress), print news and exercise other Constitutionally protected rights.

Another Example: A person in the United States are not issued a License to Remain Silent or permit to be allowed to NOT Incriminate Themselves or as one is about to be tortured by Law Enforcement, whip out a laminated License authorizing a GET OUT OF BEING TORTURED CARD as it applies to the 8th US Amendment.

Hope you see our Point on this!!!

CL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast