Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Iver Johnson's Enforcer 30 cal.

Does anyone know anything about one of Iver Johnson 30 cal. carbine pistol
    are they worth anything ,can you buy parts ?

I have one

Thanks

GlockmanGG

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Iver Johnson's Enforcer 30 cal.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockmanGG View Post
    Does anyone know anything about one of Iver Johnson 30 cal. carbine pistol
    are they worth anything ,can you buy parts ?

I have one

Thanks

GlockmanGG
    Don't see them too often. Other threads have said when they are available, they are usually around $ 600 - $ 700 - high I would imagine because they are somewhat rare ? Looks like many parts would be M1 carbine ? Just a guess though. I read somewhere quality was good until late 80's when quality started to go down for whatever reason - all hearsay though. Neat looking pistol/gun - If I saw one in great shape under $ 500 I might go for it
    Good luck - let us know how it works out.

the Iver Johnsons are far and few in between. The avarage price is around $600 for most. If my memory is correct around 4000 were made.
    A friend of mine has one with the box and papers. The odd thing I read in the papers was how to convert it to FA. Thats not allowed!

I had an Iver Johnson M1 Carbine clone that I ditched because I couldn't find an Enforcer to match. Low and behold, I go to a gun show a week or so ago and see one on a table for $600. The original price of $1300 had been scratched out. I also know of another person who has one.
    Jules

(Monroe County)

An update for those interested in Iver Johnson M1 carbines and the enforcer pistol. They do accept all GI type parts so you should have no problems keeping it going. I picked up an Enforcer recently, mint shape with original box and manual for the collection. Hope to get it out and put a few mags through it shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    An update for those interested in Iver Johnson M1 carbines and the enforcer pistol. They do accept all GI type parts so you should have no problems keeping it going. I picked up an Enforcer recently, mint shape with original box and manual for the collection. Hope to get it out and put a few mags through it shortly.
    Nice find!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Philadelphia County)

They're neat range toys. Supposedly a few US Advisors took them over to Vietnam during the early days of the Vietnam War. Some details on I-J and their M1 Carbine production is available here:

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_ij.html

Iver Johnson Arms purchased by Louis Imperato
    1973-1977
    Louis Imperato was born in Brooklyn January 21, 1933. After being discharged from the U.S. Army after the Korean War, Imperato began working at John Jovino Gunshop in Brooklyn, NY. About 1954 Imperato married one of the daughters of the owner, Frank Albanese, who had purchased the store years earlier from Jovino ["Built in Brooklyn", American Rifleman Sep 2001, p.75]. In the 1960's Imperato started a gun import business in Brooklyn, L.A. Distributors, and was the first to import the Erma Werke Model E M1 .22 caliber M1 Carbine look-alike in 1967. Imperato and his wife acquired the John Jovino Gunshop after the death of her father in June 1970. According to New York corporate records Imperato incorporated the John Jovino Gunshop on November 24, 1971.

In 1973 Imperato purchased Iver Johnson's Arms & Cycle Works at 109 River St., Fitchburg, MA, from Iver Johnson's grandson [American Rifleman Sep 2001]. Massachusetts corporate records indicate that in September 1974 Iver Johnson's Cycle Works, Inc. and Iver Johnson Arms, Inc. were transferred to c/o L.A. Distributors at the address in Fitchburg.
    Catalogs containing the firearms manufactured by Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Works in Fitchburg, MA continued through 1977.
    Louis Imperato is the father of Anthony Imperato , owner of Henry Arms.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!