Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lycoming County)

Default Warning: Don't use Fiocchi 410's in your Judge

Before I bought my own Judge, I tried out my Uncle's. He brought some Remington ammo and fired a few rounds so I could observe the recoil. Not wanting to use up his shells, I dropped in a few Fiocchi my father had given to me. After firing the first round, the cylinder would not turn. Tried to roll out the cylinder and that was nearly impossible. The empty case was stuck in the cylinder. Had to eject the spent case by sticking a pencil through the cylinder and tapping on the shell with a hammer. Fired a few more rounds of the Remington's and everything worked fine.

I thought there must be something wrong with my Uncle's Judge! BTW, his was a 3" and we were shooting 2-1/2" shells.

I bought my own Judge and today I was test firing it. Mine is the 2-1/2" version. I fired Remington, Winchester and Fiocchi. The Remington and Winchester worked fine. The same thing that happened to my Uncle's gun happened to mine with the Fiocchi ammo. After removing the spent shell. I also noticed that the primer had popped about 1/4 of the way out of the primer pocket.

Unless you want to carry a hammer and a stick with you, I recommend you do not use Fiocchi shot shells in a Judge.

(Columbia County)

Default Re: Warning: Don't use Fiocchi 410's in your Judge

Have you tried using a different batch of Fiocchi .410 shells? Perhaps you have a bad lot? It may work fine in shotguns that have more forgiving tolerances than a Judge. Just a thought.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by max384 View Post
    Have you tried using a different batch of Fiocchi .410 shells? Perhaps you have a bad lot? It may work fine in shotguns that have more forgiving tolerances than a Judge. Just a thought.
    I have a rifle that is a .410 / .22 mag over/under. The Fiocchi work fine in that. As you suggest, the tolerances in the judge are most likely not as forgiving as in a regular shotgun. My only concern is cautioning others about the Fiocchi and the Judge and not warning about Fiocchi.

(Indiana County)

One of my nephews had trouble with Fiocchi sticking in the chamber of his Judge. I don't have the full details,only that they were stuck.
    NRA life member/ILA/PVA/Whittington Center sponsor
    GOA member/Second Amendment Foundation member
    NAHC life member/KECA founding committee member