is it worth the SIG price?
    or is this a marketing gimmick?

Default Re: SIG p239

Quote Originally Posted by ENGINEER View Post
    Has anybody had the chance to check out the SIG p239
    i understand there is no safety?
    is it worth the SIG price?
    or is this a marketing gimmick?
    The gun has been out awhile. A Sig is a Sig and I haven't heard anybody complain about the 239. It tends to eat any kind of ammo you feed it. None of the Sigs have safeties (save the 1911 platform guns or a few SAO models). If you get a DA/SA model it will have a decocker. The DAO and DAK guns don't have anything but a long and somewhat heavy trigger pull to prevent a ND. IMO, the brain is the number one safety so no safety is in no way a turn off for me. In fact, I tend to see it as a positive.

Very few people are unhappy with Sigs. In fact, many people claim you can't have just one. I've had a 229 for the past 3 years and am FINALLY adding another Sig to the stable .
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

I own a P239 in .40S&W. It's one of the nicest shooting .40's I've ever shot or owned. More accurate than I am and overall just a great gun. I paid a little under $500 for mine used and it's worth every penny.

And on the subject of owning more than one Sig, I bought mine because my wife bought a P226 and I couldn't resist adding another to our collection. I'm far from finished. All it would take is for the right P220 or P245 to come along and I might not be able to restrain myself...

(Washington County)

Sigs aren't cheap but they are simply fine guns.

Alright, I know DA/SA and DAO but what the heck is DAK exactly? I've got a DA/SA 226, a DAO 250 and the C3 compact 1911 (SA only of course). So what does Sig mean by DAK and what makes it different from DAO?

(Butler County)

DAK is their new double action only trigger. Stands for Double Action Kellerman if I recall correctly. It's provides a long, somewhat heavy but very manageable trigger pull. I shoot better now with the DAK than with most any trigger.

Sig 239s are great guns, somewhat small but also a little heavy as compared to a Glock etc. I had a 239 Tactical and it disappeared in a 'holster shirt' while still being comfortable wearing it all day. Sigs in general are damn fine pistols, I'm down to 3 right now, all 229s but I've had a German 220, 220 carry, 232, 239 and multiple 229s.

As far as price... They are expensive. If you can get a PD trade in do it then send it to Sig and have them run through it. They'll replace all springs etc, tune it up and install new night sights for less than a set of new night sights would cost you. If you qualify for LEO pricing, or know a LEO that would sell you one, you will have a very nice surprise.

(Armstrong County)

P239 DAK w/NS

The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

No, This is a great gun. Shoots great and feels great in my hands. Its a little expensive but I think that its worth the money. If in doubt you could always buy the bigger 226 or 229.

(Monroe County)

Engineer you sounds as if you're new to Guns, welcome , Sigs are one of the most respected firearms ever made used by military and police special forces all over the world, yes they do not have a manual safety which makes them fast into action like a Glock etc., however like all modern firearms they do have a firing pin lock that locks the firing pin in place untill the trigger is pulled full cycle making it a very safe firearm.

I used to hate Sigs, now i own 6 of them and i might buy a few more.

The 239 were made specifically as a carry gun as opposed to say a 226 which is a fullsize service weapon, but chambered for the the very adequette rounds such as 9mm, .40 s&w and .357 Sig.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Havoc View Post
    DAK is their new double action only trigger. Stands for Double Action Kellerman if I recall correctly. It's provides a long, somewhat heavy but very manageable trigger pull. I shoot better now with the DAK than with most any trigger.
    I'm sorry for being so thick headed but... what the heck is the difference between their DAK DAO action versus their standard DAO action? I realize there is some marketing magic there... I've tried to find it on their site to no avail. From a shooters perspective is there any real difference between the two?

Is the DAK action just a DAO action that is available for pistols like the 239, 220, 226 etc that normally have a DA/SA?

The P239 DAK seems like a great concealed carry gun to me. If the DAK trigger on it is the same as my P250's DAO trigger then it would work for me.

(Montgomery County)

The big difference between Sigs old DAO vs the new DAK trigger is the pull weight.
    The old DAO factory pull weight is somewhere around 11 to 12 pounds.
    The DAK weight is around 6 - 8 pounds.

I've got 4 Sigs with the DAK trigger, including a P239.
    The best way to describe the DAK trigger is that it feels like the DA pull of an older S&W wheel gun. It's very smooth and even all the way through to the break. It doesn't "stack" like some other trigger pulls.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast