Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Took a Canadian shooting yesterday

Friday and Saturday I had to do actual work in the form of teaching. I write that somewhat humorously though, as I love to teach, and I love my work. People pay me for having fun, so that is hard to beat. What makes it even harder to beat is that they are now asking me if they can do some shooting while they are here for woodturning lessons. So for the last hour of the second day, at the behest of my student, we laid down the woodworking tools and picked up the Ruger Mk II Competition Target pistol. That would be this one here:

The gentleman in question was born in Canada and has lived all of his 60 years there. This was the first time he actually shot a pistol. He loved it. He looked like this after the first magazine. He even owns a Ruger Mk series pistol, inherited from his uncle, but it is too much trouble to shoot it. He may be rethinking that on the way home. In order to shoot his own pistol in Canada, he needs to join a club. The club will then apply for a permit for him to carry it back and forth, locked, and then locked again in a box. The police will contact him with a map that gives him the most direct route to and from the club. He may not deviate from that route. If he does, and is caught, he needs to have a VERY good excuse as to why. Needing to attend to the call of nature apparently isn't important enough. Even so, he had enough fun that he is thinking about going through the process. I hope he does. He has the gun, and even with all the restrictions, he has already commented on what a stress reliever it is to just pull that trigger. Hey. I wonder if he was talking about me!?!

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Took a Canadian shooting yesterday

Good story.

Tell him to just buy a can and shoot it in his house

You should charge extra for the firearm training. Give me ammo and a sandwich and I might drop by

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Good story.

Tell him to just buy a can and shoot it in his house

You should charge extra for the firearm training. Give me ammo and a sandwich and I might drop by
    Cans are verboten up there. He told me they couldn't even think about it. He also tried to pay for the ammo at the very least, but the shooting session was actually on his dime, since we were still in the parameters of class time. I told him bullets were cheap, at least for .22 LR. And if you want to come by to the private range (where we were shooting last year) all you have to do is call. I even have sandwiches.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Cans are verboten up there. He told me they couldn't even think about it. He also tried to pay for the ammo at the very least, but the shooting session was actually on his dime, since we were still in the parameters of class time. I told him bullets were cheap, at least for .22 LR. And if you want to come by to the private range (where we were shooting last year) all you have to do is call. I even have sandwiches.
    Hey, how about some sandwiches and shooting for some of your PA friends .

That is pretty cool. Sometimes we forget just how good we have it here in the good ol USA.

(York County)

Thanks for posting! I am a firm believer in taking someone new to shoot as frequently as we can, even if they are Canadian . Thanks again

GB
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    Hey, how about some sandwiches and shooting for some of your PA friends .

That is pretty cool. Sometimes we forget just how good we have it here in the good ol USA.
    You know, I am starting to think about setting something like this up. I can't do the birthday party thing this year, for reasons I will explain later, but I think I can set something up for my friends that might include sandwiches, and maybe even some soup. Oh yeah. There will be shooting.

(Bucks County)

more info on the suppressor, how did you get a threaded barrel?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    You know, I am starting to think about setting something like this up. I can't do the birthday party thing this year, for reasons I will explain later, but I think I can set something up for my friends that might include sandwiches, and maybe even some soup. Oh yeah. There will be shooting.
    Oh, I was hoping for the birthday. Since we both missed Dave's picnic, gotta put something together

(Allegheny County)

We used to be able to shoot our 22s in Canada at the cottage many years ago with no problems. Now things there have changed. Gun control big time. Even my family and i have disagreements on guns and me having my permit and shooting at a range. Many have been brainwashed I think - they think I am strange and it is worrisome to carry. I tell them to come here and come shooting with me - they might just enjoy target practice !!

By the way, I am Canadian! dual actually now. I am ready to go shooting with you too PennsyPlinker -you probably have much to show me on guns haha

(Philadelphia County)

Woodturning and shooting... in the same day...
    I'd call that a really good day

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast