Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default hummm choices, choices..

Well, looks like Ruger SR7 still needs time to perfect, and hard to get.
    M&P 357sig which I wanted for sometime that finally came out turned out to be a bit of let down

So I have nallowed my next hundgun to 3 choices.

Ruger GP100 Stainless 4"
    Smith&Wesson Model 60 5" stainless
    CZ75 9mm stainless.

Now I know 2 are wheel gun and other is semiauto. and caliber is not same. But these are 3 guns I want to get, but since I can't buy all 3 once(would be nice, but my better half would seriously kick me to the curve if I do that), i got to pick one.
    I found all 3 in slightly used. They are all with in $50 of eachother, and I just can't decide! They are all great guns!

So what you guys think? Any opinion is welcome
    Last edited by Mity2; November 3rd, 2007 at 07:18 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Delaware County)

Default Re: hummm choices, choices..

(Centre County)

LOL

I would like to get all 3, but my better half would have my ballz.

I would more then likely, in time, get all 3. I just can't pick one to get now...

(Montgomery County)

You will have a hard time showing me a case where someone went wrong getting a S&W wheel gun. I really like the GP 100 too, but tough to argue with a smith! Good luck with whatever you choose!

-Logan

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    I'd pick her first! My second choice would be the CZ. I've had a compact for a while now. It's the one I take to the range most often and haven't had a single flaw. High capacity, easy to shoot, SA/DA so you don't have to carry cocked and locked (if it's gonna be a carry piece) and very reliable. Simple to maintain. Ammo is cheap.

(Lancaster County)

Buy the Ruger...I love their wheel guns!
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

Gp100 would be my choice of the three.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Centre County)

This is what I'm thinking.

GP100 - Dead reliable, rugged, and dependable wheel gun fires 6rds of 357mag. Sidewalls are solid, integral sections of the frame. and Triple-locking cylinder is locked into the frame at the front, rear, and bottom for more positive alignment.
    But grip is cheap looking. Its bulky and built like a tank. It weigh like one too. Not good choice of CCW, but prolly makes excellent backpack gun for hiking.

Model 65 - Its small, light, dependable wheel gun that can fires 5rds of 357mag.
    Excellent DA trigger. Its been in production in some form or other since 1965. Its pretty much been perfected. 40+ years in production, S&W was able to add everything new they comeup with, including cheezy internal key lock and a two-piece barrel/shroud system, which I don't like. But it shoots true, and fit and finish are excellent. I have small hand, so its attractive slim rosewood grip panels are plus. Its light, and small so that my GF can shoot it too(makes easier to explain to her why I had to buy another gun). But because of light weight, and small frame, shooting full 357mag load would not be fun. And while light, its 5" barrel makes it poor choice for carry gun. And 5rds is 1 less then 6rds.

CZ 75 - It is one of the original wonder nines with high-capacity double-column magazine. It has hammer forged barrels and slides. Unlike most other semi-auto pistols, the slide rides inside the frame rails rather than outside (similar to the SIG P210). This provides a very tight slide-to-frame fit, very good barrel lock-up and contributes to good accuracy. But because of it, surration on slide is small, and sometimes its bit hard to pull slide.
    Colonel John Dean "Jeff" Cooper hailed it as the best-designed double-action autoloader available.
    Its designed as military side arm. Its reliability is well proben. With DA, safety, and exposed hammer, its safe gun to carry. And I think its really pretty pistol.

I'm kind of leaning towords pick up CZ75, and put small deposit on Ruger so that noone will buy it.

(Montgomery County)

Of the three, my only experience is with the model 60. I bought a 3" new for carry, which I use. Although its accurate, and has a nice stainless finish, am not thrilled with the quality of my new and only SW! Although nothing return worthy, after every practice session, I need to tap the walking roll pin on the front sight back in, and re- tighten the mounting screw on the rear sight ramp. And that is with 38's! With 357, I check while shooting. It just makes me say WTF? Although I'm not totally turned off to Smiths, I'd look toward an older one, or just stick to my Ruger and Colts.

(Centre County)

funny you mention that.
    When i went to look at model 60, you can clearly tell that it hasn't been fired that much. Infact, I'd be shocked if it fired more then 200rds.

But gap between cylinder and barrel was bit larger then my venerable model 60 I have, which who knows how many round it fired. I know I've shot more then 1000rds. and it was police turn in, and cylinder gap and cylinder lock seems tighter on mine then model 60

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast