Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citizens Bank

Default Citizens Bank

Well, the wife, elsie, and I went to the game tonight. NO issues. I remember reading past threads about CC there and having to check your firearm and put it in a locker and the whole ordeal being very unpleasant but, I figured I'd give it a shot myself. Maybe I got lucky, maybe he had a bigger gun than I that they noticed, I dont know but.. I pulled it off. I appendix carried it in case I got wanded (which I didnt), and I just planned on saying it was my belt/buckle. Either way, no issues, just thought I'd let everyone know it can be done. Oh yeah, the Phil's won too ! See signature at bottom
    Last edited by brownman; September 19th, 2010 at 02:26 AM.
    and to the dust you shall return

(Centre County)

Default Re: Citizens Bank

That's the way to do it!

(Montgomery County)

Lightbulb Re: Citizens Bank

Actually, the BETTER way to do it is to keep a pocketknife in your back pocket, near your firearm. Then when the wand picks something up, you merely remove the knife from you pocket and say "oh, this is what you heard on your beep machine".....and then go about your business.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yentl Marmelstein View Post
    Actually, the BETTER way to do it is to keep a pocketknife in your back pocket, near your firearm. Then when the wand picks something up, you merely remove the knife from you pocket and say "oh, this is what you heard on your beep machine".....and then go about your business.
    and then get arrested for having a knife in philly? lol. 90 days imprisonment and up to $xxx.00 fine if i remember correctly. it was PAFOA that informed me of this, so you guys probably know better than i do. i remove my SOG blade every time i go to philly, no matter what.

a friend of mine swears by the 'matchbox car' routine. he just pulls it out of his pocket near his firearm and jokes about his crazy 3 year old stashing toys everywhere.

i was also at the game last night (9/18) and carrying concealed. section 202 it was the last game of our 6-pack of tickets and a damn good one to see! i just carried at 3:00 as i always do. the guy felt right over it but didn't even bat an eye.

West Side of river from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Carry 2 matchbox cars incase you get re-wanded........

That should be enough.......

Or carry a money clip.

(McKean County)

I am still new (PA LTCF, 1st carry gun, and 1st gun education class, all this year) and I have been reading a lot about laws and carrying and I am trying to follow along to learn and understand all the opinions and rules and customs and conventions. This is a great forum for that.

I went to a Pirate game earlier this year with a group on a bus. I read their rules and left my gun home because of their weapons rules and no car to lock. At the gate there they were interested only in inspecting packages, no pat downs or wands were seen. Going in CC'ing would have been easy, but that is breaking the law, isn't it?

Citizen Bank Park has the same rules:
    http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com...ode_of_conduct

Firearms, weapons, knives, tasers and other dangerous or hazardous devices or substances (collectively "weapons") are prohibited at Citizens Bank Park, unless carried by an on-duty police officer or otherwise expressly approved by The Phillies. Anyone bringing such a weapon to the premises should return it to their vehicle immediately or check it at the Police Room/Command Center before entering the ballpark.
    My question is how far do we go with CC with respect to 'law-abiding'? I ask with no intent of sarcasm or criticism or malice. I have CC'd in South Carolina, visiting family. I have CC's while driving through Delaware on my way to someplace else. I have even driven my wife (HS teacher) to school once and mistakenly CC'd. I thought about that later and wondered if I had thought about it earlier would I have left my gun at home before carrying on to school grounds, and will I the next time.

In this post the OP mentions going into a place that does not permit firearms. In another post one asks if he broke the law not telling a LEO he was armed when asked if he was. Are we just taking calculated risks? Do we feel that these rules are restrictive and against our 2A rights? Just looking for a bit more of the light of knowledge.
    Last edited by FJRMarty; September 21st, 2010 at 10:06 AM.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by FJRMarty View Post
    In this post the OP mentions going into a place that does not permit firearms. In another post one asks if he broke the law not telling a LEO he was armed when asked if he was. Are we just taking calculated risks? Do we feel that these rules are restrictive and against our 2A rights? Just looking for a bit more of the light of knowledge.
    Well it sounds to me as though you broke the law and the others just ignored property owners rules/suggestions. There is a difference. I'd suggest you not break the law any more and if you do, don't publish that you did on the internet.

BTW, there is no duty to inform LEO in PA.

(McKean County)

Sorry, I should have carried that 'mistaken' part through the two other events as inadvertent. I see how it reads, but I was trying to keep my post as brief as I could. Please understand it was not my intent to brag. I have read that one should be aware of other state's rules when carrying, but I have only a little luck finding the exact written rules; generally I can find a paragraph or summary. In the case of SC I found out later that I was not stowing my gun correctly in my vehicle when I was there - within reach in my pickup. In the case of Delaware I was in the state for only a few minutes and by the time it dawned on me I was on the other side, and legal again. Both times were on the same day, shortly after I got my LTCF. Shame on me, yeah, but I was not intentionally sidestepping a law, and I am still trying to read up on it all.

I thought the PA statutes stated court houses, schools, and where posted by property owners, among other specifics, as part of the carry restrictions. That is why I asked about CC in the stadium.

I guess I have more reading to do. Sorry if this came out poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by FJRMarty View Post
    I thought the PA statutes stated court houses, schools, and where posted by property owners, among other specifics, as part of the carry restrictions. That is why I asked about CC in the stadium.

I guess I have more reading to do. Sorry if this came out poorly.
    FJR, yes NO, schools (K-12), post offices, alot of monuments/museums in Philly (FED. property I believe), courthouses, maybe a couple other places too. As far as private property goes it is LEGAL, now, if their rules say no firearms, LEGALLY you can still carry there but run the risk of being asked to leave/put in your car/locker etc. You did not come off poorly at all. I by no means know every law/legallity but try to learn/read/find out as much as I can too, remember, the only dumb question is one that goes unasked Good luck in your quest for firearms knowledge, this is a great place to find it.
    and to the dust you shall return

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast