Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clinton County)

Default Unexpexted Results

http://mentalbrushfire.blogspot.com/...d-results.html

A slight smirk crosses the face of a young man boarding a city bus. As the door closes behind him he finds a seat and settles down into a calm repose. The satisfaction he feels almost hides the the anger and rage just beneath the surface of his otherwise cool complexion.

His thoughts are interrupted as the bus jerks to a stop.

This is it.

This is the place.

He walks slowly down the steps and his feet touch the yellow curb. He walks up the sidewalk a few yards and turns down a narrow footpath which leads to a small courtyard. Around him are groups of young adults talking and reading. In the grass two men are tossing a football back and forth. A pretty girl walks by and for a moment he thinks she recognizes him until she passes her gaze onto some friends behind him and lets out a bit of laughter in greeting.

Suddenly, like boiling water the rage begins to rise within him.

This is what he came to do.

Reaching into his pants underneath a dark gray hoodie he pulls out a gun. Spinning around he aims it at the girl and her friends. A strange sort of euphoria comes over him and the thrill of what he is about to do overtakes his senses. Slowly he squeezes his index finger on the trigger.

In that moment screams burst out from those who see what is about to happen. A sadistic smile forms on his face as he prepares to carry out his grim task...

A single gunshot is heard.

A slight pause and then a realization.

He hadn't fired his gun.

His free hand instinctively pulls to his chest and the dark red color of arterial blood soaks into his shirt. Turning to look behind him he see the face of a man staring at him with cold eyes and a blank expression. Bewildered, he sees the man holding a gun pointed at him.

A bitter laugh at the onset of his last breath comes up short in his throat and he slumps to the ground. The last thought in his mind is confusion mixed with surprise.

"No one was supposed to have a gun here...except me."
    Last edited by t1m0thy; September 18th, 2010 at 02:51 AM.

(Venango County)

Default Re: Unexpexted Results

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to t1m0thy again.
    I honestly think a book is due. Maybe the same story, with and without, someone being armed. More people need to think along these lines.

Every single time I strap my side arm on, I pray, that I will not have to use it on anyone. I pray, that the person attacking someone, or trying to hurt someone, just doesn't do it, and decides to seek help instead.

That would be a perfect world though, and it is truly unfortunate that we live in a world that isn't perfect.

Before I started carrying, I actually thought long and hard, if I would be able to do it. If, in the heat of the moment, when a second makes the difference between life and death, could I do it? Would I be able, to potentially kill one person, so they wouldn't kill another. It was honestly the hardest decision to make.

I look at my nephews, and my nieces. I look at my cousins children. I look at the Mrs, and I look at every person on the street. And I think one of the hardest things in the world, would be to have to step up to the plate, and do something about it. But, I know that I can. If it is to protect someone, I will do it.

You always read in the news about kids being abducted, raped, and killed. About the 19 year old clerk of a gas station that was killed, even though they gave the robber the money. You think a million different things. What about their families? What about their loved ones? Their friends? What about all the things that life could have given them, that they won't receive now.

It is a deeply, deeply, humbling thought.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Clinton County)

This type of scenario crosses my mind all the time when I think about going somewhere where I cannot be armed. Imagine my story if the other man hadn't had a gun. How many people might he have killed? We need to shove this kind of stuff in the anti gun crowd's face and make them tell us who's life is more important; the criminal or the law abiding citizen.

(Butler County)

Only one problem... a single gunshot. I don't think I would have stopped at one.