Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first H&K

(Philadelphia County)

Default My first H&K

So I just purchased a USP full size in 9mm at the Valley Forge Convention Center. It's a used police trade-in. The finish is pretty good, some scratches, and it has the jet funnel installed with the extended 18 round mag. The price was $425 out the door. I know how much a new USP costs, and most used USP's I see go for $5-600. I love my new gun, but its my first used gun, and I don't know if it was too cheap. Any thoughts? I looked for rust and found none FWIW.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: My first H&K

Quote Originally Posted by FCRPhila View Post
    So I just purchased a USP full size in 9mm at the Valley Forge Convention Center. It's a used police trade-in. The finish is pretty good, some scratches, and it has the jet funnel installed with the extended 18 round mag. The price was $425 out the door. I know how much a new USP costs, and most used USP's I see go for $5-600. I love my new gun, but its my first used gun, and I don't know if it was too cheap. Any thoughts? I looked for rust and found none FWIW.
    Congratulations. I too recently bought my first H&K, a USP compact .45. I love it, took it to the range and it was flawless. Just have to put some night sights on it and it will be my new hd pistol. I got mine at Tanners, I've actually never been to a gun show so I can't speak to the types of deals that are there at gun shows or the integrity of the vendors, but if it looks good and shoots good I'd say you got yourself a great deal. It will last a lifetime anyway. Can you tell what year it was made? I believe there should be two letters just before the serial number on the slide that is a code for the last two digits of the year in which it was produced. For example mine has AE, which I believe is 2004 if the information i saw online is correct. I don't have the link but i believe it is this:
    ABCDEFGHIK a=0, b=1, etc, etc.

I will have to double check this and edit if necessary, enjoy the pistol!

Link: http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/faq.asp
    Last edited by glockmaster; September 18th, 2010 at 08:08 AM.
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

Quote Originally Posted by FCRPhila View Post
    So I just purchased a USP full size in 9mm, it has the jet funnel installed with the extended 18 round mag. The price was $425 out the door. I know how much a new USP costs, and most used USP's I see go for $5-600.
    WOW, I think you got a great deal. Just a plain jane USPf, used, would be hard to find at that price. Then add on the jet funnel kit (which is a highly desired aftermarket piece by most "H&K heads") for around another $100 plus install. You did very well. How many JF mags did you get ? Only negative is, I can guarantee it wont be your last, cha-ching, cha-ching Enjoy
    and to the dust you shall return

(Schuylkill County)

Congratulations on your purchase....nice pistol! You might want to pick up some extra mags. Try this link below. They usually run specials and have about the lowest mag prices when they do.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com

Thats a fantastic deal. I wouldn't worry about reliability problems. If they arise just send it back to HK. HK customer service and warranty repair is something of a legend in the gun world.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by SCBaldr View Post
    Thats a fantastic deal. I wouldn't worry about reliability problems. If they arise just send it back to HK. HK customer service and warranty repair is something of a legend in the gun world.
    LOL...that's a joke right!?...HK service is a legend cuz it absolutely sucks!...It sucks because rarely does stuff go wrong with their guns, but when it does they don't know wtf to do!...lol.

This post made me laugh. I honestly wouldn't worry about reliability problems with the gun either but if they arise just buy another one...haha.

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    LOL...that's a joke right!?...HK service is a legend cuz it absolutely sucks!...It sucks because rarely does stuff go wrong with their guns, but when it does they don't know wtf to do!...lol.
    Have you EVER had to send anything back ? I have not. And have heard nothing but good things bout there cust. service as of late. Apparently it used to be shitty couple years ago but has since changed, so I've heard (again cause I've never had to send anything back ). One more time, not sure about your personal exp. with them but thats one of the things people talk shit about, that and price (because thats all they got). All that H&K , because we hate you shit( if your not LE or a major contract we dont give a ****) has since changed.
    Last edited by brownman; September 19th, 2010 at 01:31 AM.
    and to the dust you shall return

(Franklin County)

Must be some well-to-do towns that issue HK handguns to their police
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

Quote Originally Posted by Maquis View Post
    Must be some well-to-do towns that issue HK handguns to their police
    Or, some towns who appreciate quality. Perry Co, where I live, issues 1911's to deputies.

That sounds like a good price to me. Get lotsa' ammo, more mags, & enjoy your USP. It probably won't be your last.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    Have you EVER had to send anything back ? I have not. And have heard nothing but good things bout there cust. service as of late. Apparently it used to be shitty couple years ago but has since changed, so I've heard (again cause I've never had to send anything back ). One more time, not sure about your personal exp. with them but thats one of the things people talk shit about, that and price (because thats all they got). All that H&K , because we hate you shit( if your not LE or a major contract we dont give a ****) has since changed.
    I personally have never had to send anything back either, but on the off chance that something breaks, and I personally know someone who has been waiting for his gun to get fixed for about 2 years now, (something inside his p2000sk broke, don't remember what) so that to me is pretty damn shitty.

I've heard a couple other horror stories about people dealing with them also, and quite frankly I think charging $150.00 plus shipping both ways to do a trigger conversion is bullshit, especially when it takes about 20 minutes. Yet if they don't do it, it voids your warranty.

I still love their guns and trust my life to them, I just think they leave a little to be desired in the personality dept...especially when one pays so much for their products.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast