Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Venango County)

Default Grocery shopping

Well, tonight the Mrs and I ran to the local store to get some groceries. Ran into a guy I knew shot the breeze with him a little bit, and continued our shopping.

Well, as we were walking I noticed this younger guy kinda watching me. We continued down the way, and I couldn't help but notice him following me. I tried to be casual, and not let on that I noticed him there.

As we turned into the frozen food section, I hear "Hey, hey buddy. I got a question for you."

So, at this point in time I am ready for the "are you a cop?"/"Why do you have that?" kind of scenario.

Turns out, he wanted to get his "carry permit" when he turns 21 in a few months. I corrected him about the LTCF, gave him some information on what he needs to do to get it, and the basics of the restricted places. Differences between OC and CC, and a few other things.

Pulled out a flyer, went over it pretty quickly with him (He worked there and had to get back to work). He seemed genuinely interested, so I told him to drop by and say hello.

The Mrs and I finished up our shopping, and we were on our way.

Another good OC encounter, and another chance to educate someone.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Grocery shopping

Good stuff, always nice to hear that a grocery store encounter went well.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32148&dateline=128288  0834

(Monroe County)

You must spread reputation around before giving it to Connal again
    I'll try to hit ya some education rep tomorrow.
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Well, tonight the Mrs and I ran to the local store to get some groceries. Ran into a guy I knew shot the breeze with him a little bit, and continued our shopping.

Well, as we were walking I noticed this younger guy kinda watching me. We continued down the way, and I couldn't help but notice him following me. I tried to be casual, and not let on that I noticed him there.

As we turned into the frozen food section, I hear "Hey, hey buddy. I got a question for you."

So, at this point in time I am ready for the "are you a cop?"/"Why do you have that?" kind of scenario.

Turns out, he wanted to get his "carry permit" when he turns 21 in a few months. I corrected him about the LTCF, gave him some information on what he needs to do to get it, and the basics of the restricted places. Differences between OC and CC, and a few other things.

Pulled out a flyer, went over it pretty quickly with him (He worked there and had to get back to work). He seemed genuinely interested, so I told him to drop by and say hello.

The Mrs and I finished up our shopping, and we were on our way.

Another good OC encounter, and another chance to educate someone.
    I had the same thing at the Walmart down here. Got to check out and the cashier said "I see you have your carry permit"

After explaining it's not needed to OC unless your in a car, gave flier and got out.
    by the way, what ever happened to the PAFOA business cards we used to have, are they still avail? I could of used one.
    Fraggle09027 is not a lawyer. Any advice is just advice (my own 2 cents) and is not expressed or implied as legal advice.

(Delaware County)

Something very similar occurred to me a few nights ago. Went to Five Guys burgers and the kid behind the counter asked me where he needs to go to get his license.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by MischaBurns View Post
    I'll try to hit ya some education rep tomorrow.
    Although I had intended to rep him anyway we'll just say that I'm doing it for you. Then I'll get him again personally at a later date and we'll be all caught up... I think... Hold on... Nevermind, always rep for education.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Adams County)

I had the same thing happen a few months ago at the Kennie's in Littlestown. It was a guy working in the meat dept. and he had a lot of questions that I gladly answered.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(Centre County)

This whole "hey are you a cop thing", I dont' know why people can just accept a person carrying a gun, regarless if they're a cop or not. I never bat an eye twice if I see someone carrying a gun, I just assume they're either a LEO or legal private carrier with a LTCF.

I had a similiar incidence at a bank the other week, I opened a checking account and needed a second form of ID so I gave them my LTCF. The lady who opened my account, her husband has a LTCF but wasn't aware of this site so I wrote down the web address along with a few other gun sites on her business card and told her to give this to her husband. Hopefully it will educate him on his rights to carry in PA and I also mentioned about being able to carry in DE and OH with either a UT or FL permit.

PS: If I saw you in MD or NJ, OCing at the grocery store, then I'd probably bat an eye twice at you!

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    This whole "hey are you a cop thing", I dont' know why people can just accept a person carrying a gun, regarless if they're a cop or not. I never bat an eye twice if I see someone carrying a gun, I just assume they're either a LEO or legal private carrier with a LTCF.

I had a similiar incidence at a bank the other week, I opened a checking account and needed a second form of ID so I gave them my LTCF. The lady who opened my account, her husband has a LTCF but wasn't aware of this site so I wrote down the web address along with a few other gun sites on her business card and told her to give this to her husband. Hopefully it will educate him on his rights to carry in PA and I also mentioned about being able to carry in DE and OH with either a UT or FL permit.

PS: If I saw you in MD or NJ, OCing at the grocery store, then I'd probably bat an eye twice at you!
    I always have interesting conversations OC ing in the grocery store. Usually Martins in Indiana,Pa.
    NRA life member/ILA/PVA/Whittington Center sponsor
    GOA member/Second Amendment Foundation member
    NAHC life member/KECA founding committee member

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    This whole "hey are you a cop thing"
    I have been tossed out of a business because I was carrying and not a LEO.

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/218...mit-lanes.html

All one can do is be polite, offer a flier, and leave. Becoming conforntational on private property does nothing to advance our cause. Once one becomes confrontational the other party develops the opinion we are a**es. Just be nice, flier, leave, and then start giving the OWNER crap.

Stay Safe
    Fraggle09027 is not a lawyer. Any advice is just advice (my own 2 cents) and is not expressed or implied as legal advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast