Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Default Re: Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club - any good?

I knew what you meant by range days. The club does have public trap every Friday night, so that wouldn't be a bad time to observe. Obviously the club does care, or they wouldn't open up to the public every Friday, and it's not for the meager amount they charge to shoot. Every Wednesday, they also hold a trap clinic for members. A lot of caring folks dedicating their time to help others learn to shoot trap more effectively. Seems like a lot of caring going on there. Helping those who help themselves.

Certification is probably the wrong term. She received an NRA Basic Pistol certificate. The only female in the class using a centerfire pistol. She wanted to receive training before carrying.

I leave my house just fine, but bullets flying by my head on Opening Day is not a scenario I would like to repeat - happened twice. Once in Potter County years ago and once on Blue Mountain. People just too wound up about getting a buck. Private land is an option, but at a conservative $3,500/acre, it's tough to get there. Also, you still need to time to police it and ensure folks abide by the posted areas. It's probably best to befriend folks who are local and develop a scratch your back arrangement.

Still, I do care about our sports and shooting heritage and teach every youngster I can. In fact, I taught my 78 year old father in law how to shoot archery over the holidays. I have a range in my basement to shoot airguns, archery, etc. If you look, it's not too hard to find 10 meters to shoot and teach safety and technique. You don't have to hunt to enjoy firearms, but my daughter just asked about hunting, so I guess I need to bank more money to find some land.

I did buy a bow this year. Haven't been out in a handful of years, for various reasons, so we'll see how it goes. I also took up squirrel hunting over the past few years. Less people and squirrel hunting is actually a great way to teach deer hunting skills to new hunters.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    That's exactly why I will never join. I'm not made of money nor time, and I need my money to feed my family, not to satisfy others that I know what's up. I would have very little left over to actually shoot after that...

It also seems you have a deep rooted Fudd infestation. I bet the CAPS LOCK GUY can't see well enough to shoot a deer anyways, after all he can't see his own damn keyboard. Guess what dingleberry (Elmer Caps Lock), the 2A has nothing to do with deer hunting, and it's high time you learned that.
    I DONT MEAN TO ANOY PEOPLE WITH THESE CAPS. I MUST DO ALMOST EVERYTHNG WITH ONE HAND AND NEVER REALLY THOUGHT MUCH ABOUT IT. WHAT EVER IS A FUUD INFESTATION. GOD KNOWS YOU WILL PROBALY EXPLAIN SO ALL CAN UNDERSTAND BECAUSE I DONT. MY EYES REMAIN UNCORRECTED EVEN AFTER MULTIPLE GUN SHOT WOUNDS,CLAMORE AND ARTILLARY CONCUSSIONS. VENISON IS FLOWING HERE THANKS TO 28 ACRE PARCEL OF LAND UNTRUSTED/SOLD TO ME AND MY SON AFTER THE DEATH OF A LIFE LONG FRIEND. I DONT MIND DOWN SIZING TO THIS AMOUNT OF LAND . IT IS A LOT EASIER TO DEAL WITH. MAYBE I I BUILD A NEW PRIVATELY OWNED CLUB ON THE BIGGER SECTION. NO NRA INSTRUCTORS ALLOWED. IN FACT NO NRA MEMBERS PERIOD. DONT NEED THE TACKLEBERRY STUFF PERIOD. NO WORK PARTIES. NO ALCHOHOL. MUST BE EMPOLOYED AND NOT ON SSI OR WORKERS COMP. THA TWILL KEEP THE WORK PARTY LABORERS AT THIS PLACE FROM LEAVING.

(Montgomery County)

Smile Re: Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club - any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    When you guys find the club that meets all your requirements, please share its name with us.
    Hereford, Morewood, Conestoga and many more!!!

(Montgomery County)

That is apples-oranges comparison. Good luck with which ever club you choose though.
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pkspawn View Post
    That is apples-oranges comparison. Good luck with which ever club you choose though.
    How so? I am not disagreeing with your comment, just trying to understand it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    How so? I am not disagreeing with your comment, just trying to understand it.
    I can only guess at what he meant.

I never heard of any of them (which only proves my lack of knowledge) until mentioned here. They don't have real extensive web sites so I can't say anything about their rules, policies and procedures (which is their own business anyhow).

What are they like? How long are their outdoor rifle ranges? Do they have trap or skeet? I'd like to try skeet. What kind of events do they run?

They are not exactly in the SW Montco area either.
    Hereford Gun Club Is 30 miles from LPRGC.
    Moorewood Sportsmans Club is 21 miles away.
    Conestoga Gun Club is 38 miles away.

They are probably great for someone living in NE Montco. I live very close to LPRGC so they would not work well for me but I am always open to options.

I hope they work well for their members.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789