Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club - any good?

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyroofy View Post

I live down the road from LPR&GC and didn't hear about any accidental shootings nor have my windows been shot out. There are also plenty of newer threads about this club but coincidentally this is the one that pops up on Google. Sounds like someone did poorly on their pistol qualification
    Well, to be fair, there was apparently a recent incident at a meeting with a ND, but I know no details. The newsletter even stated that there have been some safety issues. I just thought it odd that this guy searched out the club, signed up for an account here and replied to this old ass thread.

(Montgomery County)

There was an accident not too long ago, not quite sure how it happened but was told it was one of the experienced action shooters. I went through the pistol qualifier and everything was focused on safety. Seems like a good place to me.

(Montgomery County)

THE RECENT POST BY MY SELF ABOUT SAFETY ISSUES A LOWER PROVIDENCE ROD AND GUN CLUB WAS FACTUAL. I DID JOIN TO MAKE FACTUAL STATEMENTS ABOUT THIS AND OTHER THINGS, NOT MAKE THINGS UP. I GUESS THE THE PERSON WHO MY FIRST COMMENTS DID NOT LIKE MY THEM THOUGHT IT WAS ALL LIES ABOUT THE SAFETY ISSUES THERE. MYSELF AND THE HUNDRED OR SO PEOPLE THAT WERE AT THE MEETING ARE ALL LIARS, BUT THIS GUY IS TELLING THE TRUTH? I WANT TO CLEAR UP THE WINDOW AND DOOR ISSUE BEFORE I CONTINUE. BY WINDOW AND DOORS I MEANT CAR DOORS AND WINDOWS OF PEOPLE PARKED AT THE CLUB. AFTER A NEW OUTDOOR RANGE HAD OPENED THEY HAD A STEEL PLATE SHOOT. BULLETS LEFT THE RANGE TOWARDS THESE CARS AND DAMAGED THEM. THE DIRECTION THEY WERE SHOOTING IN IS BASICALLY TOWARDS THE CLUBHOUSE. THAT IS HOW IT WAS CONSTRUCTED. SINCE THEY HAVE ADDED A MULTI- LAYER BACKSTOP FENCE MADE OF CORRIGATED METAL WITH STONE FILL. PROBLEM SOLVED. BUT IT DID HAPPEN.
    TWO SHOOTINGS DID OCCUR. I WITNESSED THE LATEST AT THE JANUARY MEMBERSHIP MEETING. LET ME BE MORE CLEAR. I WAS AT THE MEETING BUT DID NOT SEE THE ACCIDENT. I ONLY SAW WHAT ALL THE HUNDRED OR SO OTHERS SAW NOT BEING IN THE PISTOL RANGE. LOTS OF POLICE AND PARAMEDICS. SOME FIRST IMPRESSION FOR THE NEW MEMBERS. I USUALLY DON'T HAVE MUCH TO SAY ABOUT A LOT OF THINGS. THIS IS ONE I HAVE DECIDED NOT LET GO OF. PEOPLE SHOULD READ ABOUT BECAUSE IT IS INFORMATIVE AND HONEST. BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL YOU THERE IS A LOT TO SAY. THE OTHER SHOOTING HAPPENED ON THE OUTDOOR PISTOL RANGE AT A PISTOL EVENT. I BELIEVE LATE SUMMER EARLY FALL. HE INJURED PERSON WAS NOT A CLUB MEMBER.

(Montgomery County)

Good thing getregistered isn't hiding on the internet and is speaking out and letting the club know his feelings and I am sure in Feb's meeting I will hear from him when he speaks up with his concerns.. Or maybe we'll hear from him at the Board Meeting - make sure you email or call the board to let them know you would like some time to speak, if you aren't on the agenda, you are only there to listen.

One ND he is speaking of, is a member of PAFOA, at an event that is open to the PUBLIC.. a USPSA match. On the command of MAKE READY. Which is the basically the same start for IDPA, Steel league and many other public pistol matches where you load your gun and sometimes reholster.. While reholstering they put a round in their leg.

The most recent, again, while reholstering a club member touched off a round, it wasn't nearly as bad as the match incident, and only required a few stitches. We saw the member back at the club two days later walking around.

The rounds leaving the range, was debris. It wasn't direct fired rounds. The berms eroded and rocks and bullets were bouncing out. Nothing left the club, but they were leaving the range. Nothing really life threatening, but I am not volunteering to get hit by anything falling. Once they realized what was happening, the problem was addressed immediately and fixes put in place. A few bays were shut down until they were fixed.

The recent incident, has problems being addressed and other safety procedures being put in place.. I am sure getregistered was at the recent Pistol meeting which addressed this and opened up the floor for discussion. I am sure he expressed a lot of his concerns at that meeting.

I like how in the other LPRGC thread they complain about the club having too many rules and range nazis. And here we have that there isn't enough rules and it is out of control.
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

(Montgomery County)

HOLD YOURSELVES TO A HIGHER STANDARD AND STOP SHOOTING YOURSELVES.

Quote Originally Posted by getregistered View Post
    THE RECENT POST BY MY SELF ABOUT SAFETY ISSUES A LOWER PROVIDENCE ROD AND GUN CLUB WAS FACTUAL. I DID JOIN TO MAKE FACTUAL STATEMENTS ABOUT THIS AND OTHER THINGS, NOT MAKE THINGS UP. I GUESS THE THE PERSON WHO MY FIRST COMMENTS DID NOT LIKE MY THEM THOUGHT IT WAS ALL LIES ABOUT THE SAFETY ISSUES THERE. MYSELF AND THE HUNDRED OR SO PEOPLE THAT WERE AT THE MEETING ARE ALL LIARS, BUT THIS GUY IS TELLING THE TRUTH? I WANT TO CLEAR UP THE WINDOW AND DOOR ISSUE BEFORE I CONTINUE. BY WINDOW AND DOORS I MEANT CAR DOORS AND WINDOWS OF PEOPLE PARKED AT THE CLUB. AFTER A NEW OUTDOOR RANGE HAD OPENED THEY HAD A STEEL PLATE SHOOT. BULLETS LEFT THE RANGE TOWARDS THESE CARS AND DAMAGED THEM. THE DIRECTION THEY WERE SHOOTING IN IS BASICALLY TOWARDS THE CLUBHOUSE. THAT IS HOW IT WAS CONSTRUCTED. SINCE THEY HAVE ADDED A MULTI- LAYER BACKSTOP FENCE MADE OF CORRIGATED METAL WITH STONE FILL. PROBLEM SOLVED. BUT IT DID HAPPEN.
    TWO SHOOTINGS DID OCCUR. I WITNESSED THE LATEST AT THE JANUARY MEMBERSHIP MEETING. LET ME BE MORE CLEAR. I WAS AT THE MEETING BUT DID NOT SEE THE ACCIDENT. I ONLY SAW WHAT ALL THE HUNDRED OR SO OTHERS SAW NOT BEING IN THE PISTOL RANGE. LOTS OF POLICE AND PARAMEDICS. SOME FIRST IMPRESSION FOR THE NEW MEMBERS. I USUALLY DON'T HAVE MUCH TO SAY ABOUT A LOT OF THINGS. THIS IS ONE I HAVE DECIDED NOT LET GO OF. PEOPLE SHOULD READ ABOUT BECAUSE IT IS INFORMATIVE AND HONEST. BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL YOU THERE IS A LOT TO SAY. THE OTHER SHOOTING HAPPENED ON THE OUTDOOR PISTOL RANGE AT A PISTOL EVENT. I BELIEVE LATE SUMMER EARLY FALL. HE INJURED PERSON WAS NOT A CLUB MEMBER.
    I don't recall reading anyone saying that you were lying. Just wondering why you would spend the time and effort to search this out and sign up just to say bad things.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TURN THE CAPS OFF, PLEASE. ARE YOU 12 YEARS OLD OR SOMETHING?

(Montgomery County)

THERE WAS A TIME WHEN THIS CLUB WAS SAFE. LEAVE IT TO THE FEW WHO THINK THEY CAN DO NO WRONG. I CAME UP WITH AN IDEA FOR RAISING MONEY TO PAY FOR THE INSURANCE RATE INCREASES AND LAWSUITS WE GET FROM THE SHOOTINGS . CHARGE FOR PARKING AT ALL THE PISTOL EVENTS. ADD $10.00 PER CAR LOAD TO THE EVENT PRICE, SELL COPIES OF THE VIDEO FOR LAST SHOOTING ON THE INDOOR RANGE ETC. IM SURE IT WAS ERASED BY NOW. HAS ANYONE SEEN IT OR DID WE HAVE A CAMERA MALFUNCTION THAT NIGHT ALSO.

ONE OTHER THING, WHY IS THE INDOOR PISTOL RANGE THE ONLY RANGE THAT HAS A TRAUMA KIT READILY AVAILABLE FOR USE BY THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP. NONE OF THE OTHER RANGES HAVE ONE OUT UNLESS AN EVENT IS HELD...HUM...WHY IS THAT.

(York County)

I have attended some functions at LPRGC and found all those members I have come across to be safe and the ranges/events to be very good. I do not live close enough to be a member.

With that being said......it certainly does appear that Mr. GetRegistered certainly does have an ax to grind.

I'm a board member of a local club here in York. No matter what you do or how much you try......you will always have those members of clubs that complain, grumble, argue, find fault, etc. Usually those guys are the LAST ones to volunteer on committees, board positions, work details, or anything else.

Let me ask, GetRegistered.....as a member of LPRGC, what have you done to ensure the continued safety and longevity of the club? Is there a safety committee that makes reports or recommendations to the board? Have you volunteered to give orientations to new members in regards to the safety rules and club regulations?

Other than come on a forum and rant about safety violations.......what ELSE have you specifically done to help your club become better and more safe?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUSCG View Post
    I have attended some functions at LPRGC and found all those members I have come across to be safe and the ranges/events to be very good. I do not live close enough to be a member.

With that being said......it certainly does appear that Mr. GetRegistered certainly does have an ax to grind.

I'm a board member of a local club here in York. No matter what you do or how much you try......you will always have those members of clubs that complain, grumble, argue, find fault, etc. Usually those guys are the LAST ones to volunteer on committees, board positions, work details, or anything else.

Let me ask, GetRegistered.....as a member of LPRGC, what have you done to ensure the continued safety and longevity of the club? Is there a safety committee that makes reports or recommendations to the board? Have you volunteered to give orientations to new members in regards to the safety rules and club regulations?

Other than come on a forum and rant about safety violations.......what ELSE have you specifically done to help your club become better and more safe?
    I get the feeling that he stands around and YELLS a lot! Axe to grind, I'd say so. Maybe someone made him feel left out or made him all butt hurt about something, idk. Just wish he would turn the caps off. It would make his complaining at least reasonably bearable.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by getregistered View Post
    ...WHY IS THE INDOOR PISTOL RANGE THE ONLY RANGE THAT HAS A TRAUMA KIT READILY AVAILABLE FOR USE BY THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP. NONE OF THE OTHER RANGES HAVE ONE OUT UNLESS AN EVENT IS HELD...HUM...WHY IS THAT.
    Trauma kit is mounted on the wall of the clubhouse under the mounted head right next to the side door..... It's been there for about 3 years..... about 15 feet from the AED (under the TV)..... where they are accessible to all members....
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast