Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cambria County)

Default UUGGHHH. This sling is insane.

I purchased a 2 point sling for my AK. I have never seen such nonsense in my entire life. There are more buckes on it than on a bondage queens corset. I have absolutely no idea how the hell this thing works.

It is a sling from hell. I'm about to chuck the darn thing right in the garbage. What the heck are all the buckles and loops and more buckles and more sling....http://www.redi-mag.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=27

I have no idea how to make it work. The directions that came with it suck big time.

Is there a sling out there that works well, but doesn't require a doctorate to put it on your rifle and then figure out how it works. Please let me know where I can find it. Thanks in advance.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Blair County)

Default Re: UUGGHHH. This sling is insane.

In Soviet Russia sling attaches to rifle at two points

I'm not good explaining it over the net so I won't even try, maybe in person.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Is there a sling out there that works well, but doesn't require a doctorate to put it on your rifle and then figure out how it works. Please let me know where I can find it. Thanks in advance.
    Yes and it's shown in your sig pic, tough normally you don't use the leather frogs at both ends.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Bucks County)

The leather frogs on both ends is from an SKS sling which is smaller than a normal AK sling. I accidentially had one of these and it made the gun fit me like a necklace!

Mtbkski, just get a surplus AK sling. I recommend a Bulgarian sling.

(Allegheny County)

Those are decent and affordable adjustable slings, which IMO, is a must for gun you will be spending a lot of time with, esp in a class.

The part with the fob (pully thingy) goes towards the front of the gun, facing outward. From there you should be able to figure the rest out. Just take the sling out from the buckles at the ends, loop through the attachment points, and rebuckle to secure it. You will need to mess with the length to get it to where it fits you, can be pulled tight, and you can transistion shoulders when loosened.

I dont have that sling, but I have several of simliar design I can take pics of later if I get a chance.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    The leather frogs on both ends is from an SKS sling which is smaller than a normal AK sling. I accidentially had one of these and it made the gun fit me like a necklace!

Mtbkski, just get a surplus AK sling. I recommend a Bulgarian sling.

Really? I didn't know that. Funny I would of though the SKS sling would be longer.

+rep for the info
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Bucks County)

Look at Urban ERT. I have one and its freakin awesome. Its made out of wide seatbelt like material which is really comfortable. You can get them in pretty much any configuration and they can be used as a two point or one point sling.

(York County)

It took me a few days of playing around with the Viking Tac two point I have on my AR, but it was worth the effort! I started out by just hooking up the two points and getting the length right cinched and uncinched. But then realized that the cinch release was too far towards the back (under armpit) to really get at it quickly. So I had to redo all of the attachment points, but once it's there, it is the bees knees.

You can cinch it up so the rifle is not flailing around on your chest whille you use your hands or move, and when you need to, transition right into a nice tight offhand shooting frame. All without worrying about the muzzle going in the dirt if you take a knee like a single point would. With enough practice, you can uncinch and transition to your back muzzle down and back again pretty quickly. It's like having various stages of readiness. Im a fan
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand