Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Can I purchase a long gun at a dealer, do paperwork, and have it shipped to my house?

Why I'm asking would only make your head hurt.

Can I drive to an FFL dealer, purchase a shotgun, complete the paperwork, and have the gun shipped directly to my house?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Can I purchase a long gun at a dealer, do paperwork, and have it shipped to my ho

since you can ship a gun to yourself i dont see why not. of course convincing an ffl will be the hard part. ive found that most dealers havent bothered to read the big book that aft sends out.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Can I purchase a long gun at a dealer, do paperwork, and have it shipped to my ho

my question is, why would you want to do such a thing when you can just walk out with it?

(Allegheny County)

i never did one but there are procedures for non-otc gun sales. you do some paperwork and the dealer ships your gun directly to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Chaos View Post
    my question is, why would you want to do such a thing when you can just walk out with it?
    I warned you it would make your head hurt.

1 - Perhaps I drive a company truck and this store is on my route, but not convenient to my home. I could purchase the gun, complete paperwork and NOT have to transport it in a company vehicle.

2 - perhaps I am using a form of payment that must "clear" before the item is purchased. In addition, my schedule is such that only certain days per month are convenient for me and this shop has exactly what I'm looking for. I could complete the sale and paperwork, and once my payment cleared, they could ship the item - they could use a credit card as backup to ensure payment.

I could post a few more if you like. I know it's unusual, and in fact the local ATF did not have the answer, saying I had to wait until an investigator returned to the office. Very pleasant, but it stumped her.

(Chester County)

i say talk to whichever shop you want to work with, chances are, if they dont wanna do it, youre SOL no matter what the local atf says because its the FFL's ass on the line if things get screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Chaos View Post
    i say talk to whichever shop you want to work with, chances are, if they dont wanna do it, youre SOL no matter what the local atf says because its the FFL's ass on the line if things get screwed up.
    Agreed. I have a solution, but was just curious as to the answer anyway, and/or if anyone had done it.

(Monroe County)

You could ship it to yourself.

(Jefferson County)

I dont see any reason why you couldn't do it. You purchased it, shown ID, and performed the proper paperwork in person - thus the firearm is yours and no other transfer would be made by shipping it. You could then have the FFL ship it for you to yourself.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!