Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default New LTCF issue locations

Sorry if this is old news, yesterday while in Bee’s guns in Westmoreland Co, he had what looked like a news paper article taped to the counter, it contained locations other than the court house to apply for or renew your LTCF, one that I noticed on the list was the Murrysville Police station.
    The article listed specific dates and times for each location
    Is this a new policy or was it a one time deal.

(Berks County)

Default Re: New LTCF issue locations

it may be new in your county, but it's not new elsewhere in the state. here in berks county instead of driving 30+ minutes to reading for my LTCF i just went about 3 minutes down the street to a local police station on one of their remote LTCF days.

Quote Originally Posted by hornady View Post
    Sorry if this is old news, yesterday while in Bee’s guns in Westmoreland Co, he had what looked like a news paper article taped to the counter, it contained locations other than the court house to apply for or renew your LTCF, one that I noticed on the list was the Murrysville Police station.
    The article listed specific dates and times for each location
    Is this a new policy or was it a one time deal.
    It was started on April 20, 2009.

Dear License Holder:

I am pleased to announce that on April 20, 2009 the Westmoreland County Sheriff's Office will begin issuing Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms at remote locations in Westmoreland County. Over my 10 years of service as Sheriff, I have had many people complain of the inconvenience of coming to the Courthouse. It is my hope that this service will better accommodate applicants by eliminating the inconvenience of traveling to the County Courthouse for a License to Carry. Please be advised that if a satellite location is not in your area, you can still visit us in the Sheriff's Office, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm for your license needs.

**If you are due for renewal, would like to upgrade from a paper license to a photo, or would like to apply for the first time for your License to Carry, you will now be able to visit one of our satellite locations once a month.

Applicants must provide a Pennsylvania Driver's License or Pennsylvania Photo Identification Card with a current address. New applicants must include the name, address and phone number of two references that are not immediate family members. There is a $25.00 fee for the license and payment is accepted in the form of cash or check.

After completion of the application, a background check will be performed through the Pennsylvania State Police Instant Check System. Upon arrival of the background check, the license will be issued.

Sincerely,
    Westmoreland County Sheriff
    Sheriff Chris Scherer

(Bucks County)

I wonder if the new systems will eliminate these satellite locations? Otherwise, the counties would have to purchase mulitple systems.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I wonder if the new systems will eliminate these satellite locations? Otherwise, the counties would have to purchase mulitple systems.
    Hmmmmm.... good point