Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Gunlawyer001's Session II Workshop

By popular demand, we've found a good location for one set of my Firearms Law Workshops (Sessions I and II) that's closer to Philadelphia and lower Montco/Bucks, and Chester/Delaware Counties.

We're holding Session I on October 3rd (Sunday) and Session II on October 16th (SATURDAY), at the Abington Township Public Safety Training Facility, located at 2200 Florey Lane, Abington, PA. Doors open at noon for signing in and getting the best seats, we get running at 1 PM and will end no later than 5 PM.

To sign up, go to the link where Jason Schafer kindly hosts my very basic web page; there you'll find the course outlines, and a link to the Registration Form.
    http://www.pgklaw.com/

Print out the Registration Form, mail it to me with a check, and show up for the Workshop.

Cost for Session II is $50 per person if your payment is postmarked by October 9th; or $75 per person after that or at the door.

You can attend either or both Sessions, there are no prerequisites for either course.

BONUS: If you sign up and pay for 5 people on the same Registration Form, you get 1 free (so you pay $200 for all 5).

As always, questions are welcome, there will be a course agenda and we always get through the listed topics, with some interesting side trips:

Session 2: Pennsylvania law II (4 hours)
    # The use of force, and the use of deadly force.
    # Self-defense, necessity, and justification
    # Aftermath of a good or bad shooting, civil and criminal
    # Duty to retreat, the Castle Doctrine, and "Stand your ground" laws
    # using NFA firearms for self-defense in the home or on the street
    # Other weapons - machine guns, switchblades, stun guns, bombs, lions and tigers and bears, oh my.
    # Paramilitary training - how much fun are you allowed to have?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Gaunlaw001's Session II Workshop

Are you aware that you spelled your screen name wrong in the thread title?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    He's serving complimentary korean bbq.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    Crap.

Thanks, it's a complicated process to arrange these things, run the ads, try to update the linked Registration page, keep the damn squirrels off our corn stalks, and spell my various aliases correctly.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Default Re: Gunlawyer001's Session II Workshop

After attending 1 of your seminars, they will for give a typo...........

Well, maybe.........

There are still spaces available for this workshop, which is the most popular of the three that I've offered. The $50 per seat early registration price is good for payments postmarked by October 9th, one week before the event.

Also note that this is a Saturday event, not a Sunday as before. I hope that you can make it and it doesn't conflict with the kids sports or the leaf-raking.

One week until the Workshop on lethal force; this should be interesting, in light of the Castle Doctrine bill...

There are still some empty seats left, so I'm going to waive the late registration fee this one time: Registration at the door will be the same as early registration, just $50 per person. The workshop starts at 1 PM, and we'll be done by 5.

Leave a little extra time to find this place, it's kind of out-of-the-way, in a fenced municipal complex a couple of blocks off Easton Road. Nice facility, though. I think they train their SWAT guys and firemen there.

(Philadelphia County)

Since I posted a review of a course I took recently, I thought I would do the same for this seminar. I had previously attended session I but always managed to miss session II for some reason, so I was psyched to finally make it to this one. Definitely a worthwhile afternoon, and a steal at the price. For the cost of a couple of boxes of carry ammo, you get four hours with a professional, and that includes plenty of time to ask your own legal questions.

If you ever need to use deadly force your problems are not over when you pull the trigger, even if you were completely justified in doing so. Your actions before, during, and after the shoot matter. The justice system is not perfect and you can lose everything even if you are innocent, as Phil reminds people, but you can maximize your chances of surviving with your freedom by learning about our laws and how to deal with the legal aftermath of a defensive shooting.