Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Picked up(well on layaway) a Dan Wesson .357 Model 15 4"

While out looking yesterday I saw a Dan Wesson Model 15 with a 4" barrel...I then saw the price and asked him to see the gun.. it was marked $295 and I got them down to $270..so I said sold...then the guy says well...im the new owner and the old owner will be in in a few minutes I actually cant sell any guns till October 1st because of the inventory that needs to be done and checked(some kind of regulation I dont know if its a PA regulation or a federal one)and cleared before he can sell anything so there is a "hold" on sales..but I did get it on layaway at least(slip in hand) to be picked up October 1st. So guess no Taurus 82 (from my previous thread)

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Picked up(well on layaway) a Dan Wesson .357 Model 15 4"

Quote Originally Posted by CBennett View Post
    While out looking yesterday I saw a Dan Wesson Model 15 with a 4" barrel...I then saw the price and asked him to see the gun.. it was marked $295 and I got them down to $270..so I said sold...then the guy says well...im the new owner and the old owner will be in in a few minutes I actually cant sell any guns till October 1st because of the inventory that needs to be done and checked(some kind of regulation I dont know if its a PA regulation or a federal one)and cleared before he can sell anything so there is a "hold" on sales..but I did get it on layaway at least(slip in hand) to be picked up October 1st. So guess no Taurus 82 (from my previous thread)
    Nice. I have a 6 inc. Mine also came with a 3.5 inch barrel. The 2.5 shroud needs some work.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Allegheny County)

I actually cant sell any guns till October 1st because of the inventory that needs to be done and checked
    thats a new one one me.

dan wessons. good design. i have two from the late 70s. very accurate pistols.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by PaBimmerGuy View Post
    thats a new one one me.

dan wessons. good design. i have two from the late 70s. very accurate pistols.
    same here but I dont try to even understand the innerworkings or a business switchover and inventory stuff..I can barely keep up with the FFL/CC laws let alone the kind of crap they have to put a shop owner through lol. All I remember him saying was something about a inventory for switchover purposes both him and the old owner were in the shop..im actually glad the new owner is buying it he is a much nicer guy . old owner was kinda one of those...if you dont like my(high) price go elsewhere..I KNOW id not have gotten him down a dime on the price...new owner at least looked it up and after a bit of haggling we cane to a agreement..not a giant leap from $295 to $270 but it was something...But they had a few signs posted about the switchover and a "halt" on gun sales till everything was switched and into the new owners name..dont know the actual reason..didnt ask...I was assuming it was some kind of "law/regulation" as I cant see a shop owner turning down cash i hand...but for all I know it could be both owners agreed to do this till everything was cleared on their own no "law" involved just so his(old owners) name was fully off any sales and the new guys on. ???
    Last edited by CBennett; September 12th, 2010 at 11:42 AM.

Rockledge, Abington Township, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

I am waiting to get my DW 357 Pistol Pack, along with some other pistols and carbines.

Hopefully with-in a few weeks. I can't wait to get it to the range with the 12" barrell on it.

(Allegheny County)

All I remember him saying was something about a inventory for switchover purposes both him and the old owner were in the shop..
    ah i was confused. when you said guy says well...im the new owner i thought that you meant that you were the new owner of the gun. i didnt realize that the shop was being sold. makes more sense now.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by PaBimmerGuy View Post
    ah i was confused. when you said guy says well...im the new owner i thought that you meant that you were the new owner of the gun. i didnt realize that the shop was being sold. makes more sense now.
    yeah...when I said Sale after he went to $270 he goes good...but I cant sell it to you yet..I was thinking background check which I knew would be good..but then he says the business is in "transition" and I have to wait till the inventory clears through to my name till I can sell anything..I said ok....and he said I could put it on layaway and pick it up once everything was cleared over which was supposed to be Oct 1st.

Did you get the wrench for the barrel?
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    Did you get the wrench for the barrel?
    no, it was just the gun nothing else...luckily they still have those for around $30-35 . I will get one eventually but as long as the gap is right I should not need it right away since I dont have anything to 'swap out" to anyways..but I will get one shortly after I get the gun.

456 - I use to have one I bought it as a 4" but eventually bought the 2", 6" and 8' barrel and several grips for it the gun was very accurate and durable shooting some of the hottest 357 mag loads I could load. I paid about that for Gun with 4" NIB back in 1982. I wouldn't mind buying another this time in SS though the Blue is pretty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast