Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Carry at a place that serves liquor

Bar, Restaurant, etc. from my understanding you are able to do so based on packing.org when it was up. Am I correct in this assumption? Only thing off limits is post office/federal and court building.

Now before someone jumps, I'm not the type of person that can't be trusted or does stupid stuff when liquor and firearms are in hand and hip. My night at the bar consists of 3 beers over a 2 hour period.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Carry at a place that serves liquor

Quote Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
    Bar, Restaurant, etc. from my understanding you are able to do so based on packing.org when it was up. Am I correct in this assumption? Only thing off limits is post office/federal and court building.

Now before someone jumps, I'm not the type of person that can't be trusted or does stupid stuff when liquor and firearms are in hand and hip. My night at the bar consists of 3 beers over a 2 hour period.
    Your good to go. No restriction. Actually there is no CUI (Carrying Under the Influence). No magic number of drinks, although to much and someone finding out your carrying "could" be grounds to have your permit revoked.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by heavyt View Post

Legally, I think you could have them tack an IV from a keg into your arm while you open carry(yes, even in Philly, with a LTCF!)in a bar.

I'm glad to hear you aren't likely to do that, but yes, to answer your question, you are permitted to carry in an establishment that serves alcohol.

Welcome to the forum!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    Your good to go. No restriction. Actually there is no CUI (Carrying Under the Influence). No magic number of drinks, although to much and someone finding out your carrying "could" be grounds to have your permit revoked.
    +1 to Delta, I treat my firearm like I do my car. If I know I plan on doing some significant drinking, then no gun on my hip. Keep safety in mind, always, and you will be fine.

JUSTITIA ET VIRTUS

You can carry into a restraunt/bar but don't touch a drop of alcohol, the courts view this as not in good character regardless if you have been drinking or not.
    The post office/court house thing has been dicussed on other threads. How much time do you spend in a post office?(don't worry about it) Tell the guards at the Court house your carrying (have permit out & in hand ahead of time)and they will provide you with a secured locker for your firearm until your buisness there is done.

(Westmoreland County)

No guns in a bar is a common myth. It is fine to carry there unless you plan on getting sloushed and then it just isn't a very good idea...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    No guns in a bar is a common myth. It is fine to carry there unless you plan on getting sloushed and then it just isn't a very good idea...
    Yep, and like the previous 200 threads on this subject, there's the LEGAL issue and the MORAL/RESPONSIBILITY issue.
    The legal part, you gotta comply with. The other part is your choice.

Let's see how the discussion goes this time...
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lycoming County)

Awesome guys, thanks. I also know the bar owner and a couple of the workers there. I do know that one of them knows I carry all the time. He has a carry but doesn't when he drinks, says he doesn't trust himself with one in the hand and one on the hip.

On a side note I went up north to a bar to watch my girlfriends dad play. I got there and got out of the car and out of habit about 3 times a night I pull the hammer back with my thumb while grabbign the beaver tail with my index (tis a colt 1911 combat commander) and I was like where is it. Looked in my car, looked behind the seat. I have a milt sparks so I was like it couldn't have come out. Come to remember I took it out when I was putting my jeans on before I left the house and forgot to reholster it, those who have 1911 in teh holster on teh pants while trying to put them on know what I'm talking about. I felt so naked the rest of the night without it. I was kicking myself.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yep, and like the previous 200 threads on this subject, there's the LEGAL issue and the MORAL/RESPONSIBILITY issue.

there have been other threads? I searched for "bar" and "bars" and came up with nothing.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Hey EM...when's that book of PAFOA Myths gonna be done? Sounds like a great idea...LOL

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast