Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Looking for a good range to host bachelor party

Hey guys,

I am helping to plan a bachelor party for a friend. We will be going to the bars and such in the evening but during the day we wanted to find something cool to do. He is into guns but doesn't have experience with more than some hunting rifles and maybe an ar-15. The rest of the crew is fairly experienced with firearms. I was thinking a popup range would be cool if we could set up some sort of competition between the group. However the only popup range I know of around here is the one on base at Aberdeen Prooving Grounds and that is no longer open to the public.

Does anybody have any ideas where we could find a range that would host a competition for us with ir without popups. Also i thought it might be cool to find a place that rents some of the higher end rifles (.416 Barrett, .408 chey tac, .338 lapua, or even 50 bmg rifles) since he would have a ball shooting those.

Any guidance on the above mentioned goals or suggestions of other stuff to do would be appreciated.

As a side note we are willing to travel but no more than 5 hours from stewartstown, pa.

Thanks
    Aero-Ballistic Research Scientist

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Looking for a good range to host bachelor party

Please consider my range.

www.poconoshooting.com

We can set up some competitions. I was thinking along the lines of getting you two .22 shooting trees and you can compete to clear the target arms off your side. You will be able to shoot a number of other calibers too.

It is a private range so your group would be the only one shooting on it. It would work out well for a bachelor party. After the shooting is done and the guns are locked away... we can pop open some beers around a campfire. By all means feel free to have some strippers come over too

You guys may also want to consider camping in Tobyhanna State Park right next door to me. Google maps says you have a 3 hour drive to my range.
    Last edited by tsafa; September 9th, 2010 at 12:07 PM.