Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Democratic/Lliberal Delusions- Rant against guns on Facebook

One of the people I graduated high school with a long time ago posted on her status update that she "doesn't believe Jesus would burn symbols of other religions, own guns, cut down forests, drill in the ocean, or blame the poor for their own poverty. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't like anyone doing so who claims to follow his teachings, either."

I only commented on the guns issue - asking "Jesus wants you to be a victim of violent crime?"

Her: "Owning a gun doesn't keep people from being victims of violent crime, and I'm sure Jesus wouldn't want people to own grenade launchers and assault rifles."

Wow people own grenade launchers?!

She followed with: "And I think Jesus would want to take the guns from the criminals, too, so there'd be no need for ordinary citizens to have an arsenal. You've come to the wrong status update if you want to argue how "awesome" the Second Amendment is."

ME:
    I don't expect you to agree with me. And yes guns DO protect people from violent crime. You just never read about it in mainstream media.

Her: "No one would need guns to protect themselves from people with guns if gun control was strict and without loopholes."

ME:Tell that to the poor violent crime victims in Brittain. Evil people exist and do evil things, if it is not guns they will use knives, sticks, cars, bats, fists, overwhelming numbers etc.

You don't just use guns to defend against criminals with guns either. You can be seriously maimed or injured by a punch to the head. I'd much rather point my gun at someone and them get lost than wind up being hurt by a bat, knife, etc.

No one here has assault rifles unless they pay $200 extra to get something fully automatic and they are not the ones robbing anyone with them. Semi-automatic rifles like AR-15's and sportser AK-47S models are not assault rifles.

Then one of her friends chimes in (wheeeew)

HER FRIEND:"As for the argument that guns have nothing to do with making crime worse, I can't believe anybody keeps repeating this stuff. You cannot stab, punch, or club anyone from across the room, or across the street. You cannot easily inflict multiple stabbing, beating, or clubbing injuries, from a safe distance, in a matter of seconds.

Yes, guns sometimes protect people from crime. Even a blind, senile dog occasionally finds a bone, and even an insane, murderous public policy will occasionally lead to situations where one of its bad consequences cancels out another.

Guns are also responsible for most of the violent crime in this country, and by "responsible," I mean that the vast majority of violent crimes in this country would not happen if we banned handguns and semi-automatic / automatic weapons and vigorously enforced the ban. Compare violent crime rates in the U.S. to rates in any country with strong gun control laws.

The NRA, the gun lobby, and everyone who supports them is consciously, deliberately, willfully complicit in countless thousands of murders. They know the cause and effect. They. Don't. Care. The best of them are merely happy to indulge their paranoid, right-wing fantasies in the face of real world carnage. The worst of them are just fine with people getting cut down in the streets, as long as most of those people are disproportionately poor and/or dark-skinned.

The Democratic Party is beneath contempt for its craven surrender on this issue. If we want to talk about moral deficits in our politics, I can't think of a better place to start.
    "

ME:"Guns are not responsible for most of the violent crimes in this country. PEOPLE are responsible for the violent crimes. GUNS are not involved in the MAJORITY of violent crimes in this country - get your facts straight (visit the FBI websi...te and check the statistics) and stop speaking from an emotional center. Check the UN statistics for crimes - the UK which has a strict no gun policy has worse crime than the US.

" guns sometimes protect people.."- sometimes = millions. Regardless, even one time is enough. Unless you'd rather sacrifice those would be victims as real victims just because of your delusion that guns cause people to do evil?

What I would rather see is the criminals not being repeatedly released and allowed to commit multiple violent crimes.

We haven't even addressed the other need for the 2A - to protect us from an abusive gov't. If only the gov't had guns your rights would soon dwindle - actually the democrats would probably happily vote them away in the name of "safety".
    "

_____

Whew - I only sa'd Democrats would vote them away because he claims the Democrats should work to ban guns.

Where do people come up with these delusions?
    Last edited by falcn; September 9th, 2010 at 06:55 AM.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Democratic/Lliberal Delusions- Rant against guns on Facebook

Good on ya for trying, but it sure seems like you'd have better luck talking to a wall. No amount of facts or logic is going to change their minds.

(Allegheny County)

Oh yeah I know - I just felt like I had to respond with something (done now after providing the FBI Uniform Crimes Stats web page link) lest they be smug in the fact of no reply meaning they overwhelmed with their "arguments".
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    Whew - I only sa'd Democrats would vote them away because he claims the Democrats should work to ban guns.

Where do people come up with these delusions?
    Good effort.

There are delusional people on both side of the aisle caused by hand picking the facts...
    So sad...

It would be nice to line up all the Id10Ts and slap them all in the back of the head with facts...

Keep trying
    A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. William James

(Schuylkill County)

Like bear said, nice try, but I'm sure it's all for nothing. You just can't fix stupid. Let them live in imagination land, where the unicorns run free, and the pixiedust falls like rain. I (we) will continue to live in reality, where there is bad people, doing bad things..

Nice effort though!
    III%

(Bucks County)

Have you tried Hitting Them?

(Venango County)

It just sounds like another person who relies on mainstream media beliefs that guns are bad, even a muzzle loader is an assault rifle, and that every gun has an incredible thirst for the souls of the innocent.

These are the same people who will one day be the victim of a crime, or violence, and wish they had some way to defend themselves. You know, aside from throwing ideas and words at their attackers.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Butler County)

Ummm.... I'm a Democrat.... and have been called a Liberal... but I own guns, think more people should carry, support the death penalty, am ex-military, and hate lazy people on welfare pumping out babies to get more food stamps.

Wow, those two are in their own little world. They should read Gavin de Becker's "Gift of Fear". Great book by the way... if you havent read it you should think about it.

(Allegheny County)

Luke 22:36

[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.
    (Just a quick disclaimer - I, personally, am not a religious person.)

Jesus meant for us to defend ourselves, as he told his disciples to procure weapons for when he would not be there to protect them.

It's up to you to defend yourself from the evils of this world. God will not smite those who would do you harm with a bolt form the heavens. Rather, He puts the ability to defend yourself in your hands and the emotional fortitude to do so in your heart.

Any woman who fails to understand that she is at the mercy of whatever restraint is possessed by any man who she finds herself alone with, is a delusional woman.

I'm not a particularly violent man, but if some game show put me in a room with a woman, and the winner was whoever had possession of, say, the only baseball bat in the room, I'm pretty sure that I'd end up with it, no matter who started out with it. Women just have less mass, smaller muscles, and the average woman will lose any fair fight with the average man.

Men are stronger than women, in almost any case. A woman alone at an ATM is only safe to the extent that the man behind her fears capture by police, fears that she may be armed, or is a decent person.

For the substantial number of criminals in America, we can rule out that third part, because if they had decency they wouldn't be criminals.
    If guns were actually banned for the law-abiding, we could rule out the second.
    That leaves only "will the cops discover what I do to her, and be able to prove that it was me?"

That's a pretty thin obstacle for a woman to bet her life on.

Again, we face the Orwellian double-think of the liberal mind, where they simultaneously profess to believe in the essential goodness of humans, but they also believe that the only thing keeping their fellow citizens from killing each other is lack of a handy firearm. Geebus, people, pick one, either most of us are frothing maniacs just looking for a weapon to slay our fellows, or else most of us are good people who can be trusted with firearms; either way, I want a gun.

The truth is that the minority of criminals are free to roam among the vast majority of us who are law-abiding, and the good guys need to be prepared to deter aggressive crime at unexpected times. It's not paranoia to prepare for rare but devastating incidents, that's why I have air bags in the car, that's why we have insurance for car accidents and for our homes burning down and for cancer. Can I have health insurance without being a whimpering hypochondriac? Sure. Can I have insurance against a house fire without being a pyromaniac? Sure. Can I carry a gun without being a crazed vigilante who's spoiling to gun down the first grandma who looks at me funny? Sure. Hey, our government has thousands of nuclear weapons, but they call us crazy for wanting AR-15's?

Banning guns would be just as effective as banning crack cocaine. There are no loopholes for crack purchases, there's no network of FCL's who sell crack but are careless about the background checks. Crack cocaine is illegal everywhere, the import is illegal, the sale is illegal, the purchase, possession and use is illegal. But crack is everywhere and easily available, to criminals; it's easier for addicts to find crack cocaine than it is to find a toilet that flushes with enough water to work well. So only an idiot would expect that banning guns would disarm the criminals.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast