Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default south street philly

how safe/unsafe is south st at night if unsafe is it college kids or homeboys causing the problems?
    All That Is Necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: south street philly

no ones got anything??

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by pitbulls&guns View Post
    how safe/unsafe is south st at night if unsafe is it college kids or homeboys causing the problems?
    not sure how to respond to this... whats a "homeboy"? do you mean black people? or do you mean people out to look for fights? or are they the same to you? would a black college student be a homeboy because hes black? would a white college student looking to pick a fight be a "homeboy" i think you need to be a little more specific.

::edit:: ive never had any issues on south street by the way from black people or white people.
    "you cant fight zombies with good intentions"

My Feedback:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/98731-cmr076.html

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by cmr076 View Post
    not sure how to respond to this... whats a "homeboy"? do you mean black people? or do you mean people out to look for fights? or are they the same to you? would a black college student be a homeboy because hes black? would a white college student looking to pick a fight be a "homeboy" i think you need to be a little more specific.

::edit:: ive never had any issues on south street by the way from black people or white people.

i guess a more general question will work better

has anyone had any trouble in the south st area at night...?

(Philadelphia County)

I'm not there as often as I used to be, but South st is chock full of cops at every corner on busy nights.

There is always some drunken ahole out to cause trouble and get arrested, but if you mind your own business, and don't start shit, you'll be fine.

Enjoy Philly, is not as bad as some people will tell you it is. (people who most likely never set foot in Philly).
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Pike County)

the answer is...depends. now that school is back in session it might be different but this summer its just full of high school kids. whenever groups of kids come together it usually is trouble. the college kids tend to be in olde city or manayunk.

south street is pretty lame if you are of age, in my opinion. there are some spots to go to but its just filled with lots of teenagers.

(Philadelphia County)

Google philadelphia flash mob. One of more of those took place on south street. With that being said, you are as safe as you make yourself. Be alert, carry an extra mag and have fun because there is tons to do up and down south street.

Everytime I drive down there is atleast 50+ cops just standing around in like a 12 block stretch.

(Montgomery County)

There is not a single place on this planet safe enough to walk around with your head in your arse. South street is no Beirut. Who cares who causes the problems, avoid them and you will be better off. You should work on your prose and question asking skills, it will serve you better in life...
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Chester County)

like they all said South street has tons of cops, however its when you go off south street ( side streets) you gotta be careful so just cc and you'll be fine

(Philadelphia County)

I lived 3 blocks from South St. for 5 years. No problems. Like anywhere in the city, a few common sense rules to avoid trouble:

-Don't walk around drunk, especially alone.
    -If it's after 12:30 weeknights or 2:30 weekends, take a cab, don't walk more than a couple blocks or down any side streets.
    -If late and isolated, don't feel guilty about crossing the street to avoid walking past people.
    -Try to walk the same direction as traffic on one way streets. Muggers don't like to face traffic when confrontng people, they can't hide their weapon with their body from cars that way.
    -Avoid any contact with the police, they're probably you're biggest threat and more likely to crack you in the head than the common citizen for any imagined infraction.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast