Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Classic Pistol

(Philadelphia County)

Thumbs up Classic Pistol

I took the AK up to Classic Pistol in Southampton last week. I was REALLY impressed with the place.

The staff where ok. They were polite normal staff. But the shop was NICE. although small, the shop is packed with goodies. The gun selection was very nice aswell. The prices were nothing to rave about however.

The range was VERY nice. They have a very good venting system there.

I am thinking of joining. I HATE to leave Pistol People. But I can't rock the AK there. And $20 per visit for non members at Classic will get old REAL quick. . .

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Classic Pistol

It was the first shop I visited when I went looking for my first firearm. Since then I've bought 4 revolvers from them, placed 2 back on consignment, all transactions went smooth and the indoor range is very nice, definitely worth the membership! I only shop revolvers and I've been to many other shops in and around Philly and CP prices seem quite fair. King's Shooter Supply in KOP does have better prices on reloading supplies though. I'm still on the lookout for a decent outdoor range around Philly.

(Montgomery County)

Took my Act 235 there. This indoor range is very nice. The people are very friendly as well.
    NRA Life Member, NRA Firearms Instructor, NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by biggs88 View Post
    I am thinking of joining. I HATE to leave Pistol People. But I can't rock the AK there. And $20 per visit for non members at Classic will get old REAL quick. . .
    I believe Classic offers memberships by the quarter, half year, and full year. Maybe it's worth investing in a quarter's membership to ease into it, and if you're happy with your Classic experience at the end of the quarter, re-up for an entire additional year. The cost for a quarter is a little higher than 1/4 of the cost of a yearly, but if you're not sure you want to make the jump, this'll let you enjoy the benefits of membership for a few months while you're in transition.

I'm closing in on the end of my fourth year of membership with Classic, and have no hesitation in adding a fifth year to that streak. They're good folks. I've been really happy with the place, and am glad I started my gun hobby there.

(Bucks County)

My first year just ended last week. The only reason I haven't renewed....is because I have gotten there to do it yet.

I think they should at least throw in a free hat with membership.

(Montgomery County)

Classic Pistol is awesome.

Even though I am a member at Souderton-Harleysville Game, Fish, & Forestry Association, in Green Lane (I used to live in Harleysville), that has now become about a 45-50 minute drive for me since I moved about a year or so ago...

Even though I'm not a member at Classic Pistol, it's so convenient to just drive the 5 1/2 miles into Southampton and shoot there, if I'm only planning on doing a quick function check after a detail strip/cleaning/etc., or after buying a new toy for myself, etc. Friendly staff, well-maintained range, good lighting...

My outdoor club is my preferred destination for "day trips," which usually involve many more rounds fired (and some fishing mixed in if the weather cooperates), but for quicker range sessions - Classic Pistol is an absolute blessing to have so close to my home...

I didn't even know about the place until a fellow forum member turned me onto it!

Regards,

Bones

(Philadelphia County)

Aside from the PGC ranges Classic Pistol is the only range I go to in Philadelphia/Surrounding Areas. Staff is nice, and there aren't too many idiots on the line.

(Bucks County)

CP has a new floor!!!

The place looks great. The floor makes for an easy clean up and feels good on the feet as well.

NICE JOB!!!

Keep it up...

can't wait to get my next two purchases there....

7MM Rem Mag
    SR1911

ummm umm good!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    CP has a new floor!!!

The place looks great. The floor makes for an easy clean up and feels good on the feet as well.

NICE JOB!!!

!
    So we don't have to try to sweep under the carpet anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    So we don't have to try to sweep under the carpet anymore?
    Correctamundo! The new rubber tiles are really nice. Cleanup is easy and standing on them is comfortable. Bay 1 was just completed. Bay 2 and 3 will get similar treatment soon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast