Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default StrikeFire Vortex

Bought one at gander mountain about a month ago. I have put about 500+ rounds through the gun (shot a 2 gun match the day after I bought it) and its still dead on at 50-100-200yds. I shoot very good groups off hand and of a bag with it. It is basically an aimpoint knockoff but comes with a high ring AR mount and a 2x magnifier. The magnifier screws on to the back of the optic and does cut down some of your field of view. It may not be the optic for you if you kick down doors and need drop dead reliability. While I have never had any reliability issues with it, If I was a professional...I would spend the money on the aimpoint and a flip to the side magnifier. No money is too much if my life was on the line lol. But for the 99% of the rest of us this optic seems perfect.

Just thought I would put this up since there are alot of posts lately about looking for an accurate red dot/plinker. Cost was $149.00

Default Re: StrikeFire Vortex

I was thinking about this as well, just to have a red dot as a plinker sight.

Can you co-witness to a mounted front sight?

(Westmoreland County)

I just bought one about a month ago also and have shot approximately 200 rounds with it. It has held zero so far and it co-witnesses my back up sights. Only complaint I have is that it has a slight "halo" around the dot indoors. The halo cannot be seen outdoors.

(Lackawanna County)

Was out shooting mine again yesterday still holding zero nicely. For the price this optic is an excellent value. The 2x magnifier helps alot also! I tried mine indoors under low light and with the dot turned to highest brightness there is a halo, so just turn down the dot or hit the nightvision setting!

(Butler County)

I may have to give this a try. I really don't want to spend the money on another Aimpoint... Thanks for the feedback.

I have to agree. For the money it is a great optic. I have about 300 rds thru mine and although low rd count it is right on .
    I am biased as I am a New Vortex Dealer and I will have more on this very soon.
    There are places for different grades of equipment if you cannot afford or wish to spend top dollar. I believe Vortex fills that void between junk and Hi end red dots.
    As far as their glass , price point to price point it is excellent stuff. I have been boating on the coastline for 20 years using binos all the time and for the past 6 months I have been running different pairs of vortexes and they are outstanding in ergos, glass & quality.

I've had mine for about a year and a half. So far about 4k rounds down with it. It's still holding zero perfectly and is working as well as new. I used it last month in a local 3-gun to finish first in a rifle stage.

Another vote for the Strikefire. Have one on my AR, and so far it's been well worth the money!

(Luzerne County)

Thumbs up Re: StrikeFire Vortex

There are some minor changes I would make to the design, but in general for the money it is ROCK SOLID. I plan to order another soon for my second AR
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Does anyone know the number for 9-1-1?

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeepbluePA View Post
    There are some minor changes I would make to the design, but in general for the money it is ROCK SOLID. I plan to order another soon for my second AR
    Do it now. $120 shipped!

http://slickguns.com/product/vortex-...-free-shipping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast