Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: "New" to the area

Quote Originally Posted by mososokruppe View Post
    Aaah, good news. Thanks! When it's time to renew I'll just re-up here in PA now then!
    While your GA permit I believe is good here, unless it's going to expire soon, if I were you I'd just go ahead and get a PA LTCF when you get a chance. Just my personal opinion though.

(Centre County)

Why wait to get your LTCF from the Centre County Sheriff? If you have lived in Pennsylvania for two years, your residence is PA. I would be concerned that your GA permit, if it is a resident permit, may no longer be valid. Contact the issuing agency in Georgia to verify.

At $26, a PA LTCF is cheap, is good for 5 years, and generally is issued while you wait in Centre County.

(Centre County)

mososokruppe, head on down to the Sheriffs Dept and get your PA LTCF. It takes about 15-20 minutes and you walk out with it (as long as you pass the instant check). heck, take the wife and have her get hers at the same time. You will not have to give up your GA permit (unlike getting a new drivers license).
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Centre County)

Yeah, we'll just go ahead and get them and then it won't be an issue we have to worry about at all.

(Lehigh County)

welcome to the area!! where are ya teaching at?? as others have said here i would get the ltcf regardless... its one of those things you might as well get because it only benefits you... also as stated earlier deffinetly come ot to a group shoot... i missed the last one due to untimely circumstances but i plan on going to the next one... we all have different handguns and some of us have have the same rifles... i know i think all of us out here have 10/22's but they are all different.... look forward to meeting you!!

if you have any questions or are looking to buy, shoot a message to xringshooter since he is an ffl and one of the wisest in the area... also i thinkimamedic has alot of knowlege and a few nfa toysthat i still have yet to try out!!

Quote Originally Posted by mdhunter55 View Post
    Why wait to get your LTCF from the Centre County Sheriff? If you have lived in Pennsylvania for two years, your residence is PA. I would be concerned that your GA permit, if it is a resident permit, may no longer be valid. Contact the issuing agency in Georgia to verify.

At $26, a PA LTCF is cheap, is good for 5 years, and generally is issued while you wait in Centre County.
    A good point and worth looking at, but I agree with others its simple to get the PA LTCF in most counties. Beyond crazy that we need a government issued "license" and have to pay to keep this "right" but that is another topic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12