Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: FOAC Gun Bash Winning Ticket numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by WOP2 View Post
    CWG--
    I appreciate your sentiment, and perhaps I'm being overly optomistic, but while I won't hold my breath, I DO sincerely expect an apology. Chesterton is way out of line, and he's speaking about a process that he understands little of. Does he actually think we would risk criminal prosecution for a rigged game? The control features built into our Gun Bash are tighter than two coats of paint.

Thankfully, so many folks have called me on the phone and sent e-mails to the house to congratulate FOAC for a really great Gun Bash, that Chesterton's off the wall remarks have been nearly erased from memory.

To all that sent me personal notes, please know that MANY FOAC members made this happen. The 3 guys on the microphone were only a very small part of a huge effort to preserve and defend our Constitutional rights. I'm grateful to have been allowed to participate in some small way, but believe me, the heavy lifting was done by others. I'm blessed to be a part of FOAC, and thankful that they ask me to do a small job from time to time. As our Chairman says, if every member put just 8 hours a YEAR into activism, we'd be invincible.
    I hope you get an apology as well, but I think he probably had a bird shit on him and he expected to get lucky at the gun bash. When that didn't happen, he needed to find an excuse. It is a shame that there are people like that out there, but that is life and you have to take the bad with the good.

I know a little about what goes on at the FOAC bash. During the first FOAC bash Chris called me up after I worked a 12 hour day and told me he needed help setting up the event. I was there in 20 minutes and started moving tables and building garbage cans with him. He asked if I could help the morning of the bash and I was there setting up the tables, putting drinks in coolers, hanging posters, making parking signs, and went with him to pick up all of the guns from Ace's. I am just disappointed that I wasn't able to get involved this time around.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: FOAC Gun Bash Winning Ticket numbers.

CWG:
    I can't make ALL the events either, but I'm retired, and can make some that occur in mid-week. Don't apologize for not making the Bash. The Chairman sez that if every FOAC member would put in just 8 hours a YEAR, we'd have something sizzling going on. You've done your part, and we'll see you again I'm sure. By the way, tickets for the M82A1 Barrett semi-auto .50BMG are on sale, only 500 tickets. Make sure to get yours. 25 bucks, 2 numbers, based on the evening daily number on the 4th of July. We also have a very few tickets for a nice M&P 40, new in the box, donated by an FOAC member! Same day, same evening number, but only 5 bucks a ticket. I've asked for five of them, and will pay for them at next FOAC meeting or at the Washington County Gun Show on the 9th. The Barrett tickets should fly off the shelf. I bought 4 and sold 7 in about 5 minutes at a class I'm taking.
    WOP 2-The Original Spaghetti Western

(Washington County)

I would like to sincerely apologize for my incredibly crappy, selfish, whiny and unfair assessment of the Bash. It is true that I know very little about how these games are run and I should have kept my sour grapes off the boards. I should have just accepted my lack of winning as a sure sign from God that I didn't need any more guns and that He was giving me an opportunity to be humble in silence. Instead, I acted out my frustration like a spoiled brat.

No one at any of the 2 bashes I've attended has ever done me wrong. I think the bird poop comment fits best. I was certainly not born with a horse shoe up my butt, but before posting my regretable comments, I must have had a stick up there.

Again, please accept my apologies and for any harm they may have caused.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterton123 View Post
    I would like to sincerely apologize for my incredibly crappy, selfish, whiny and unfair assessment of the Bash. It is true that I know very little about how these games are run and I should have kept my sour grapes off the boards. I should have just accepted my lack of winning as a sure sign from God that I didn't need any more guns and that He was giving me an opportunity to be humble in silence. Instead, I acted out my frustration like a spoiled brat.

No one at any of the 2 bashes I've attended has ever done me wrong. I think the bird poop comment fits best. I was certainly not born with a horse shoe up my butt, but before posting my regretable comments, I must have had a stick up there.

Chesterton, Thank You. you and I are in the same boat. i seem to rub all my good luck off on other people. I have yet to win anything at Gun Bashes in 12 years.

who know's maybe you'll have better luck at the next one. we can't controll how the numbers will come up.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: FOAC Gun Bash Winning Ticket numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterton123 View Post

Chesterton:
    Your apology is accepted in the same very sincere way it was offered. I have a lot of faults, but holding grudges isn't one of them. My offer, or better said, request, to work one of our bashes as a volunteer stands. You don't get paid a nickel, you have to buy a main entry ticket, and pretty much nobody will know you worked the bash. Gads, you can't even have a beer if you're working! On the other hand, perhaps Karma will kick in and help you fill up that gun safe.

We're all rooting for you to find that horseshoe, please believe that. It may sound funny, but seeing the smiles on the faces of the winners feels pretty good. See you in October? I really hope so.
    WOP 2-The Original Spaghetti Western

(Washington County)

Red face Re: FOAC Gun Bash Winning Ticket numbers.

Thank you so much for your mercy and understanding.

There are only 2 reasons I wouldn't be able to help at the Bash

1. I'll be in Bedford, PA on business that weekend.
    2. I'm pretty sure that tight jeans and a white apron on me would dissuade people from calling me over to buy more tickets. The girls do a much better job.

I appreciate your forgiving me of my pathetic indiscretion about the Bash.

(Armstrong County)

It was a great bash, No problems, politically or other, and we were able to raise alot of money for the cause. I didnt win a thing but i had a good time talking to all kinds of people. Ill see you all at the next bash.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123