Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Happy Halloween!

So what are you guys and gals doing this year to celebrate this ghoulish holiday?
    Last edited by RocketFoot; October 30th, 2007 at 11:13 AM.

(Adams County)

Default Re: Happy Halloween!

Took my kids and some other people's kids trick or treating. I put straw bales on a 15ft trailer and pulled it through the neighborhoods with my truck.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Franklin County)

Trick or Treat night in Waynesboro is always the last thursday of October, so all of my Halloween fun (if you can really call it fun) has already come and gone.

I sat on the front porch and handed out candy to approximately 450ish kids. What amazes me though is just how ballsy a lot of these teenagers are these days! I must of had a dozen some odd teenagers who were AT LEAST 17-18 years old muscle their way through the crowd of toddlers and little kids at various points during the evening to get candy from me. It's one thing to be older and still going trick or treating, but to make matters worse none of these teens even bothered with costumes. They just waltzed right up, bag open, and didn't say a word. I sarcastically said I liked their costumes then told them all to beat it. Amazingly, a few of them had the nerve to give me serious attitude and a slathering of unbelieveably foul language in front of who knows how many little children and their parents. My neighbors two houses overs heard and saw all of this and also denied them candy as well. Damn teenagers, obviously they don't like tricks as much as they like treats. Ooooh, they make me so grouchy.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post

So what are you guys and gals doing this year to celebrate this ghoulish holiday?
    Having my daughter's birthday party. That's right, born 80 years to the day after her great-grandmother on Halloween.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Chester County)

i think im sitting on my porch tonight with a BB gun and picking off people who try to mess with my house

but on halloween im scaring the little neighborhood kids. my father always sets up a big extravogent thing through a little patch of woods, complete with air compressors, photocell trip beams, strobe lights and a sound system. i set up on the porch, usually under a table or around the corner and get em as theyre coming up.

(Westmoreland County)

I gotta go home tonight and figure out how to hook up strobe lights and a fog machine to a jack-o-lantern! Should be fun...LOL

(Berks County)

I usually buy a whole bunch of really expensive Belgian and Swiss Chocolates and a case of Yuengling Lager, and just sit around at home and pig-out!

LOL

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseybacon View Post
    Trick or Treat night in Waynesboro is always the last thursday of October, so all of my Halloween fun (if you can really call it fun) has already come and gone.

I sat on the front porch and handed out candy to approximately 450ish kids. What amazes me though is just how ballsy a lot of these teenagers are these days! I must of had a dozen some odd teenagers who were AT LEAST 17-18 years old muscle their way through the crowd of toddlers and little kids at various points during the evening to get candy from me. It's one thing to be older and still going trick or treating, but to make matters worse none of these teens even bothered with costumes. They just waltzed right up, bag open, and didn't say a word. I sarcastically said I liked their costumes then told them all to beat it. Amazingly, a few of them had the nerve to give me serious attitude and a slathering of unbelieveably foul language in front of who knows how many little children and their parents. My neighbors two houses overs heard and saw all of this and also denied them candy as well. Damn teenagers, obviously they don't like tricks as much as they like treats. Ooooh, they make me so grouchy.
    Dude. You're a bit young to sound like a grumpy old bastard like me!
    Rep points to you for having the balls to deny them what they think you "owe" them!
    F-ing pricks. We get the same crap here,(kids too old, with no costume just lookin' for free "loot") but at least most of them say "trick or treat"...

The ONLY thing that makes it worthwhile are the 5 or 6 adorable little kids who say the most unexpected things.

A while back, we had a 5' tall, "gumdrop-shaped" shrub near our front door and I covered it w/a sheet and drew eyes on it. A little guy with a pitchfork slowly approached and when he got within "poking" distance, he gave it a few quick "jabs" with the pitchfork as if to check to make sure it wasn't gonna jump up and "get" him! ROTFL!
    As we gave him his candy, he kept his eyes on the shrub and said "Hey Mister, what's in the ghost?" I laughed and pulled back the edge so he could see the shrub underneath... he smiled up at me, said "THANKS!" and ran off to the next house.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Being new to PA, tomorrow is my first Halloween here.

I bought enough candy to supply the whole neighborhood and then some. It was the advice of my neighbors that Halloween here is brutal. They estimate about 1000 kids every year.

All of my past Halloweens were in NYC. Its a big 'holiday' there too.
    My candy giving as always been as follows:
    No costume, no candy.
    No candy to teenagers if they are not costumed.
    No candy to teenagers if they are not costumed and come after dark..
    Extra candy to toddlers, cause I know mom needs the extra sugar for herself.
    Extra candy to extreme home made costumes.
    Candy to all children that show respect.
    Candy to all that say please and thank you. (something most teenagers don't do)

For all those that decide to come after dark and think they can vandalize my property because my house looks "haunted" they're getting the German Shepherd, he's got real fangs!

Everyone please have a safe and Happy Halloween.
    Please post pictures of your little ghosts and ghouls.

(Somerset County)

Cheesy, having lived in St. Thomas, I think those same teenagers "visited" me too. They gots the same "treats" too. (Except I was in full BDU uniform which kinda slowed 'em down a bit ong the foulmouthing...)

As far as the Casa de Bob, most of the kids here are grown and don't visit so, all that candy's MINE!!!!!
    This space open for sponsorship

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast