Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Thumbs up ALLEGHENY COUNTY-SHERIFF BILL MULLEN

wake up people! why would we ever endorse kress?? let's start out with the most basic fact....kress has never carried a firearm, does not carry a firearm, and will never carry a firearm!!...he has said so himself!! he is just another lying politician!! how can we elect a sheriff who will not/is not licensed to carry a firearm!! he is a lying weasel politician!! if kress were even elected (no chance at all) he would not even be able to make an arrest..kress has no law enforcement experience...plus, he still lives at home with his mother!!! MULLEN is not a politician...he is a mans-man...a cops-cop...take a trip to the courthouse, ask MULLEN if he is carrying a firearm at that moment, i'll bet my house he is (glock 9mm)...he ALWAYS DOES....does anyone out there know how many gun battles MULLEN was in in his career?? numerous!! he was protecting himself, the citizens, and his fellow law enforcement officers...does anyone else know that MULLEN has also shot/wounded numerous people defending himself and his fellow officers?? ask him, he has some wild stories!! i found him easily approachable and more than willing to talk about his career when i went to the courthouse last month...his career is very-very impressive...MULLEN made undercover drug buys, arrested scum bag gang bangers, was the head of homicide for numerous years, was the deputy chief, etc etc... he even had the unfortunate instance of having his partner killed as they busted down a door to arrest a murderer...MULLEN is not a politician, he is a cop and only a cop...he was brought in because of his "...impeccable record.." (post gazette)...he has been endorsed by 31 out of 34 groups...he also (as stated incorrectly in this thread) IS NOT FOR APPOINTMENT OF THE SHERIFF...he wants to let the voters decide...if someone questions me, i'll provide multiple sources....THIS IS WHY I WILL NOT VOTE FOR kress!!!! I WILL VOTE FOR BILL MULLEN FOR SHERIFF!!!!

Default Re: ALLEGHENY COUNTY-SHERIFF BILL MULLEN

Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

If he wants my vote, don't tell me how he always carries, tell me how he is going to make it easier for ME to carry. He is a cop, he can carry when he wants. Why is it that Allegheny County is one of only a couple counties in PA where I have to wait several weeks for a permit instead of 15 mins. At the end of Defasio's reign I understand the wait was 15 mins. Tell me how he is going to educate the sheriff's department and keep the people who hand out the permits from passing incorrect and knowlingly wrong info (i.e. open carry is illegal) info to the applicants. Just because he carries a gun (umm he's the sheriff, SHOULDN'T he be carrying a gun?!?)

Give me some more info if you want me to elect someone who has made their position clear in various articles that they want to keep guns out of the hands of people who can legally have them.

From the Post Gazette "I just want to make it more difficult to get a gun in Allegheny County," said acting Sheriff William Mullen.
    Last edited by Montanya; October 29th, 2007 at 07:41 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Talking Re: ALLEGHENY COUNTY-SHERIFF BILL MULLEN

Frenchy,

that's what makes this country great, because we have the right to vote!!!

you can vote for the 36 year old lawyer turned failed politician (already lost county council) who never even touched, handled, or fired a firearm...he still lives with his mother...maybe he isn't allowed...

i'll vote for the guy who not only carries a firearm every day, BUT USES IT!!!!

MULLEN FOR SHERIFF!!!!!!

(Allegheny County)

Chaz,

Question. I have been reading posts on this forum that say other things about Mullen.

Why have I been reading how Mullen is making it harder to get LTCF's, people waiting weeks to get them,Mullen saying he would make it difficult to get permits, shut down Saturday for going to get one. Why has he given misinformation regarding concealed and open carry and as one poster said, he actually had bad info printed.

He may be all you say and more, but has left a bad taste for many of these forum members.

I see you are brand new to the forum. Welcome, but I hope it's not just to forward an agenda to do nothing more than elect your man.

What do you say? Is all the information I have read bad information?

Read some of the posts and respond if you will to give us the right info on the guy you want in there. Please don't respond with a crapload of negative stuff about the others running for this office. Answer what I asked.

You might be able to change someones mind .

27hand
    Last edited by 27hand; October 29th, 2007 at 07:48 PM.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

in reply to.....(umm he's the sheriff, SHOULDN'T he be carrying a gun?!?)

THATS EXACTLY WHY WE CAN'T VOTE FOR KRESS! HE HAS NEVER CARRIED A GUN, NOR DOES HE EVEN HAVE THE ACT 120 CERTIFICATION TO CARRY A GUN!!!!

don't know everything about MULLEN, but he was brought into a corrupt department!! he is the most respected law enforcement officer in allegheny county!!! he was more than willing to meet with me and he will meet with you, call him and ask him questions, he is very accessible, he can only do one thing at a time, he will help us!!!

I have to disagree, I sat at his table at a dinner a few months ago. I didn't want to drill him on firearm issues but I asked about how he felt about LTCF's and he said he would never try to stop us from getting them(like he has a choice and was about to say i wish you couldnt get them), but when I asked his thoughts on a bigger office for the firearms division and possibly an instant check again he just kind of fluffed it off, and then right after that the sheriffs office stopped being open on saturdays. He lost my vote thats for sure.

and besides the political issues he was like a clam at the dinner, didn't seem very friendly not much expression to him on any issues.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by chaz-heston-4-prez View Post
    wake up people! why would we ever endorse kress?? let's start out with the most basic fact....kress has never carried a firearm, does not carry a firearm, and will never carry a firearm!!...he has said so himself!! he is just another lying politician!! how can we elect a sheriff who will not/is not licensed to carry a firearm!! he is a lying weasel politician!! if kress were even elected (no chance at all) he would not even be able to make an arrest..kress has no law enforcement experience...plus, he still lives at home with his mother!!! MULLEN is not a politician...he is a mans-man...a cops-cop...take a trip to the courthouse, ask MULLEN if he is carrying a firearm at that moment, i'll bet my house he is (glock 9mm)...he ALWAYS DOES....does anyone out there know how many gun battles MULLEN was in in his career?? numerous!! he was protecting himself, the citizens, and his fellow law enforcement officers...does anyone else know that MULLEN has also shot/wounded numerous people defending himself and his fellow officers?? ask him, he has some wild stories!! i found him easily approachable and more than willing to talk about his career when i went to the courthouse last month...his career is very-very impressive...MULLEN made undercover drug buys, arrested scum bag gang bangers, was the head of homicide for numerous years, was the deputy chief, etc etc... he even had the unfortunate instance of having his partner killed as they busted down a door to arrest a murderer...MULLEN is not a politician, he is a cop and only a cop...he was brought in because of his "...impeccable record.." (post gazette)...he has been endorsed by 31 out of 34 groups...he also (as stated incorrectly in this thread) IS NOT FOR APPOINTMENT OF THE SHERIFF...he wants to let the voters decide...if someone questions me, i'll provide multiple sources....THIS IS WHY I WILL NOT VOTE FOR kress!!!! I WILL VOTE FOR BILL MULLEN FOR SHERIFF!!!!

You are kidding right? Mullen has made it as difficult as possible for LAW ABIDING CITIZENS to get CCW permits. He has publicly stated that he will make it harder for Allegheny county residents to legally obtain firearms. He has printed misinformation on legal permits, and has instructed his department to threaten citizens with wrongful arrest if carrying near the airport.

You are telling us he has been endorsed by the Anti-gun Post Gazette?
    I was considering going into more detail about this hack, but it's quite obvious that you are related in some way to his campaign, or just very uneducated on the subject.

Oh wait, I almost forgot---he is endorsed by 31 out of 34 groups!!!!!yaaaayy.

I call your post SPAM
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Allegheny County)

no hidden agends at all!! last post and i have to go to work...

MULLEN is a cop, he is not a politician, he is new to this BUT is very accessible, we can work with him!

as a law enforcement officer, he deals EVERY DAY with people who use firearms for the wrong purposes, he (and many officers) may have become brainwashed to associate firearms with negativity...we cannot elect (even though kress doesn't have a shot) someone who tells us what we want to hear!! defazio gave out permits in 15 minutes---it was a different and corrupt organization then---if enough of us work with MULLEN, we as a people, can make changes...

no political agendas, you can vote for who you want, i just cannot bring myself to vote for someone who has never carried a firearm, nor has any intention to!! please go in and talk to MULLEN, ask him if we can make some changes for the better...hell, even ask him to tell you about some of old "war stories" (shootings, fights, getting shot at, making undercover drug buys, shooting someone through a 2nd story window)...he was more than happy to tell me!!

(Allegheny County)

if someone questions me, i'll provide multiple sources
    You stated this.

Now back up this statement

who never even touched, handled, or fired a firearm

and I'm still waiting on you to answer these

Quote Originally Posted by Montanya View Post
    If he wants my vote, don't tell me how he always carries, tell me how he is going to make it easier for ME to carry.
    Why is it that Allegheny County is one of only a couple counties in PA where I have to wait several weeks for a permit instead of 15 mins. At the end of Defasio's reign I understand the wait was 15 mins.
    Tell me how he is going to educate the sheriff's department and keep the people who hand out the permits from passing incorrect and knowlingly wrong info (i.e. open carry is illegal) info to the applicants.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast