Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Ruger SR9 or P95?

Anyone have experience with either? Is the SR9 worth paying over $100 more for?

thanks!

Default Re: Ruger SR9 or P95?

Both are reliable and durable guns because they are Rugers. Is one worth paying $100 more for, technology and upgrade does cost you. The P95 is a big bulky and chunky gun its very durable and reliable with fair accuracy, some shoot it better then others.

SR9 is smaller, lighter, sleeker with a better trigger just as accurate and conceals better. And being a Ruger reliable and durable.

Ask yourself do want a good pistol that you can practice with, range shoot and HD with, but struggle to conceal carry because of its large bulky but durable slide. Making you have to buy another gun that conceals better.

Or do you want to spend $100 more find you a holster and the SR9 can do every thing P95 can and save you from buying $400 Ruger Snub nose or sub compact semi auto so you CC comfortably.

Both guns are good guns, because they are Rugers.
    Last edited by Neko456; August 31st, 2010 at 06:58 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by NickC. View Post
    Anyone have experience with either? Is the SR9 worth paying over $100 more for?

thanks!
    SR9! Worth it just by looks alone, but overall is a better gun in my experience.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    Both are reliable and durable guns because they are Rugers. Is one worth paying $100 more for, technology and upgrade does cost you. The P95 is a big bulky and chunky gun its very durable and reliable with fair accuracy, some shoot it better then others.

SR9 is smaller, lighter, sleeker with a better trigger just as accurate and conceals better. And being a Ruger reliable and durable.

Ask yourself do want a good pistol that you can practice with, range shoot and HD with, but struggle to conceal carry because of its large bulky but durable slide. Making you have to buy another gun that conceals better.

Or do you want to spend $100 more find you a holster and the SR9 can do every thing P95 can and save you from buying $400 Ruger Snub nose or sub compact semi auto so you CC comfortably.

Both guns are good guns, because they are Rugers.
    Thanks. I actually have Glock19 already, but really like the Ruger SR9.

both are good CC guns from what i've read. I will be applying for my license shortly.

much appreciated.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by FCRPhila View Post
    SR9! Worth it just by looks alone, but overall is a better gun in my experience.
    i agree! it's real good looking HG. I just didn't want to make the purchase soley because of that. Looking more like the Sr9 to me.

thx.

(Philadelphia County)

I'm shallow with guns, looks are very important to me. Besides the looks though, the p95 feels cheap and is kindof sloppy in my opinion.

(Bucks County)

I recently added a Ruger SR9c to the family, real happy with the purchase for $399.

BTW, the slide stop/release is a slide stop only, it's not designed to be a slide release, but I've heard it will loosen up after getting a few hundred rounds through it.

I think that either will suit you just fine. I however like the design and feel of the SR9 much better.