Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Luzerne County LOE's,get this done!!!!

Last edited by ROBOWOP; August 29th, 2010 at 06:35 PM.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Luzerne County LOE's,get this done!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ROBOWOP View Post
    Yesterday,I went shooting with a PA State Trooper.He's a decent shot,but wants to get better,so,I was going to give him some training.We got to that STINKING range in Suscon,there were 25 guys there with rifles,if there are guys shooting rifles,you can't shoot handguns.Here I am,with a PENNSYLVANIA STATE TROOPER,and he has nowhere to practice with his firearm he carries every day..Isn't the PA Game Commision part of YOUR State and YOUR county? I know dozen's of LEO's,including my nephew,who don't shoot because they have to travel 40-50 miles to a different county to practice. This is nonsense..Isn't the fact that police officers need to practice enough reason for the PAGC to get a pistol range at the Suscon site? Never mind that all those cops at the range would make the place less desirable to the out of state rifraf..About time YOU Luzerne County LEO's got together and DEMANDED the PA Game Comission sets up an accessable place for you all to shoot at...I know this is bringing up a sore spot,but Trooper Joshua Miller lived less that 3 miles from the Suscon Range...Perhaps if he could have practiced more,or at all,the outcome of his last act may have been drastically different...
    First off, I think the private sector can ALWAYS do a better job at something than the government, so I think "demanding that the PAGC provide LEOs a range" is crap.

Second, what does that have to do with managing wildlife in PA?

Thirdly, most LEOs shoot to qualify when they have to, and if they ever practice, it's only enough to pass that qualification. I think that if every officer had a range within a mile of their home, very little would change.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    First off, I think the private sector can ALWAYS do a better job at something than the government, so I think "demanding that the PAGC provide LEOs a range" is crap.

Second, what does that have to do with managing wildlife in PA?

Thirdly, most LEOs shoot to qualify when they have to, and if they ever practice, it's only enough to pass that qualification. I think that if every officer had a range within a mile of their home, very little would change.
    Hey,great attitude..First of all,RIGHT NOW,I have friends and family that are LOE's that are asking me for shooting lessons,so if anything is crap,it's your opinion..EVERY range not run by a gun club in PA is STATE OWNED,and run by the PAGC,on State Gamelands..I belonged to a gun club that folded because we lost the property,every piece of land we tried to get for a range was fought tooth and nail by the stupid people here..There's a range here,RIGHT NOW,that had a pistol range on it forever,all of a sudden,it's GONE.Maybe where you live it's different,but here,a LOT of cops are gun guys.If it's different in Chambersburg,and your cops are all boobs,too bad for you..There ARE guys here that want to get better,but can't.What do you propose they do?.

(Franklin County)

There ARE guys here that want to get better,but can't.What do you propose they do?.
    Do what everyone has to do. Either make the trip to an existing range or rural private property where shooting can be safely done, or get together the resources and start a new one. I have yet to see a situation where running to the government for help is the best solution.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Luzerne County)

There ARE guys here that want to get better,but can't.What do you propose they do?.
    I guess they are just like the rest of us.... wait your turn, get there early enough before the people with rifles do, find private property to shoot on, or join a club.

I DONT want to see MY monies going to provide a special area for ANY group.

(Luzerne County)

There are some SGL ranges with handgun ranges, SGL #91....is NOT one of them. SGL #127 has a handgun range, as does the one on Archbald mt.

It would be nice if the PGC would develop some handgun ranges, however after spending lots of time at ranges like Suscon and Red Rock, the place will look like a trash dump in no time, not to mention all the unsafe acts.

By the way, the Suscon range is a rifle range, not a handgun range. Even if no one is there, the range regs say you must shoot from the firing points, which means no walking down range. The last time I was there shooting my rifles, I had to call the PGC because a bunch of idiots wanted to walk down to the 50 yard target and shoot their handguns while we were shooting our rifles!

How about PSP coming up with a range for their troopers or other LEO's? LCCC is supposed to be building a range available for LEO firearms qualifications, although I don't know when it will be built or if it will be for dept use only.

The PGC did have a "private" range down by Mountain Lake, however they had to close it because it was built with public money. In other words, the PGC cannot build a range for LEO's only.

Luckily, I have access to a small piece of private property in the area where I can practice.

Trooper Miller wasn't killed because of lack of training.

(Montgomery County)

Who pays for those SGL ranges? The guys who buy hunting licenses. Funds for the lands and ranges do not come from the general fund.

So I have no idea where you get off demanding special LEO times.

If I was a cop and my life depended on my firearm on potentially a daily basis, I would damn well be proficient and would practice even if on my own dime.

PS Your attitude sucks!

(Luzerne County)

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

You guys are absolute assholes..I'm not looking for a special range for anyone,just a stupid pile of dirt and a few backing boards at an existing range for ANYONE with a handgun top shoot at.At least you HAVE a pistol range to go to,we can get cited by a ranger for shooting handguns at my range,because it's SPECIFICALLY a rifle range.I'm outa here...

(Luzerne County)

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE>>>> have a NICE day

(Luzerne County)

If I am still correct, behind the storage buildings at SGL91 by Mountian Lake there is a 25YD range for the PGC officers. If it is still there I think that a PSP trooper would be allowed to use it for practice. Just take care and clean up when done.Also the Department of Corrections has a range on Rt11. You can see it from the road.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast