Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XDm45 &Sig P220

(Allegheny County)

Default XDm45 &Sig P220

I did not own a 45 for the last 15 years. Last month I decided to buy an XDm45. I went to the range and fired 30 rounds through it. Very accurate and a pleasure to shoot. I cleaned it up, oiled it and put it away. Probably will never shoot it again. Since I bought several hundred 45 rounds and being a Sig fan, I decided to buy a Sig P220 Elite. I took it to the range along with a 250 round box of UMC 45. Returned two hours later with no ammo. The Sig performed Flawlessly as I expected. The thing that surprised me was that I shot much smaller groups with the Sig than the XD.
    I also have two XDm 9mm's, An XD40 sc, and an XD40 full size so that I am used to XD's as well as Sigs. I was just surprised that I shot better with the Sig.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: XDm45 &Sig P220

Why would you want to put away your XDM? , its a nice gun enjoy it.

I have 5 Sigs, they are great accurate guns, i personally like the high bore axis it makes pointing the Gun better for me, however work some more with the XDM , its an accurate gun too.

Nyman

I've never shot or handled a XDM, but my Sig 220 Carry is my favorite carry piece.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Allegheny County)

Mrnyman; I have a habit of buying guns, shooting them once and putting them away so that later I can give them to my grandsons. The gun I shoot the most is my Sig 239 in 9mm. It is my everyday carry gun along with a Ruger LCP. All of my XD's have been shot one time and put away. I just enjoy the Sigs more.

(Philadelphia County)

I think it's cool you have the self control to shoot a gun once and put it away. I cannot control myself like that lol. (Don't know if I want to either!)

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by rey View Post
    Mrnyman; I have a habit of buying guns, shooting them once and putting them away so that later I can give them to my grandsons.

Grandpa, Is that you?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by rey View Post
    Mrnyman; I have a habit of buying guns, shooting them once and putting them away so that later I can give them to my grandsons. The gun I shoot the most is my Sig 239 in 9mm. It is my everyday carry gun along with a Ruger LCP. All of my XD's have been shot one time and put away. I just enjoy the Sigs more.
    Maybe that's why you shoot the sig better You can't have that much trigger time on the XDs if you buy them and store them ASAP! I think it's very cool that you are saving them for the grandkids (though there probably are better investments... there aren't many that they will enjoy as much as a gun that you gave them).

Sell it then, why buy a gun shoot it once, and thats it. Makes NO sense to me. Hell sell all your springfields and buy more SIGS because that what it sounds like to me.Im surprised you were surprised you shot it better, I'm no springfield hater but, thats kinda BMW to Chevy. I dont know man, whata you want us to say.
    and to the dust you shall return

I love Sigs. Everyone that I have shot I've loved. P220 is on the wish list. Shoots beautifully.

(Allegheny County)

Brownman: I buy guns. shoot them once and put them away because I feel that someday we won't be able to buy guns and I want my Grandsons to have them. I realize that guns aren't the best investment in the world but years ago I was on disability for almost five years. If it wasn't for the fact that I had guns to sell I would have lost my home.
    By the way. I own 9 Sigs. 5 XD's. 5 Rugers. 2 CZ's and two taurus and I don't want to get rid of them all and buy Sigs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast