Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default RUGER LCR RANGE REVIEW

First day at the range with my new Ruger LCR. Love it. At just 13.5oz, it's perfect for concealed carry, even in gym shorts. The grip fits my bear paws fine, and the recoil is VERY well managed for such a small/light revolver. The trigger is almost perfect, and accuracy is on par with other revolvers this size that cost twice as much.

Pay attention to the accuracy to distance ratio and also notice the difference in accuracy per shooting position, bench rest vs. standing. This IS a snub nose revolver after all with JUST a 1.8" barrel. The fact that I am very close to my point of aim at 15 yards is very impressive. Also note the quality of ammo. The Winchester is a higher quality defensive round, thus more accurate. The Remington UMC is the most inaccurate (and dirtiest) ammo I have ever fired, regardless of caliber.

Please note this review was posted on my Facebook. I kept things as simple as possible because not all my friends are as knowledgeable as all of you. I'm not trying to insult anybody's intelligence.

1st groupings right out of the box 1 flyer from bench rest, 2 from standing position.

2nd round. 3 flyers from bench rest. 2.5" group from 7yd standing postion. Best group I could get with the Remington UMC.

1st round with the Winchester +P ammo. For those who don't know that means it's loaded to higher pressure which means more speed/power/recoil. Notice the rounds place higher relative to my point of aim. Both flyers from bench rest went high instead of low.

My best Winchester group was 1.5" from 7yd standing position with one flyer.

As you can see this is the range at which this gun really shines and is most likely to be used at. Nice tight groups. Love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Read what I say as if I were speaking in a matter of fact, unassuming tone.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: RUGER LCR RANGE REVIEW

I have one too. I love it for concealed carry. And it isnt bad to shoot either. Just not something I can put a hundred rounds downrange for a couple days and not feel it later.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: RUGER LCR RANGE REVIEW

Thanks for the review! Got my daughter an LCR with the laser grips. We both love it.

Ham radio: when all else fails.