Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default OC in New Castle, PA?

I usually CC except when I am fishing or camping and the like. However, it can be a pain in the butt (mostly in the summer trying to cover up). I was wondering if anyone else has OCed in New Castle, PA and if they have had any problems. I would prefer to OC in the summer months here. Because of my profession, I cannot afford any trouble with law enforcement. Even a bogas charge could cause me a lot of problems and/ or dismissal. However, I don't really like not being able to practice my rights either. If I had to choose, I choose my rights! I can always find work. (well maybe not with O'Bummer in office). Any help or info on New Castle law enforcement would be very helpful. Thanks guys ..... and gals
    You can't fix stupid....... So I try to ignore Liberals!

Default Re: OC in New Castle, PA?

I know a lot disagree with it.. but maybe stop by the police station/township office and ask?

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by DVE View Post
    I know a lot disagree with it.. but maybe stop by the police station/township office and ask?
    I'm afraid (to my knowledge) it is a little more complicated than that. New Castle is a large city. The police force is also quite large. Not to mention the Sheriffs Department (I've even seen them pull people over and write tickets here). There are also quite a few overlaps with other borough cops that cruise through. Although the don't really belong here, a LEO bent on squashing my rights is not going to let a little thing like that get in his way. I kinda want to get a general feel from someone that OC's here just to see if New Castle is at all friendly.

awful awful awful advice

You suggest the OP ask permission to exercise his rights??? Fail.

(Allegheny County)

OC is legal, if it's your comfort level has an issue, I wouldn't reccomend doing it.
    The 2nd amendment is the RESET BUTTON on the constitution.
    Faith, Fun, and Firearms.
    Grace Life Church member

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon118 View Post
    OC is legal, if it's your comfort level has an issue, I wouldn't reccomend doing it.
    I am more than comfortable with the actual act of OC. I would not even mind helping to educate people in doing so. Without getting to involved in my profession, I can tell you that I hold a very high security clearance. This is a private industry regulated by the Government. Security is tight to say the least. I must report all arrests period! With any arrest, my clearance is automatically revoked until security can investigate and I am cleared. Any mention of the word “firearm” and it would probably all be over, or at least I would be answering questions forever. Since this is a private industry and I am a self employed contractor, I can be “let go” at any time without reason for the most part. In a nutshell, this is why I wish to be very cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Finster View Post
    I am more than comfortable with the actual act of OC. I would not even mind helping to educate people in doing so. Without getting to involved in my profession, I can tell you that I hold a very high security clearance. This is a private industry regulated by the Government. Security is tight to say the least. I must report all arrests period! With any arrest, my clearance is automatically revoked until security can investigate and I am cleared. Any mention of the word “firearm” and it would probably all be over, or at least I would be answering questions forever. Since this is a private industry and I am a self employed contractor, I can be “let go” at any time without reason for the most part. In a nutshell, this is why I wish to be very cautious.
    looks like you're stuck CCing then.

(Northampton County)

Well....OC is your right in PA....but it sometimes draws attention. If you feel that you for whatever reason....want to stay low...I would say CC. You can fight any harrassment & perhaps even sue....but that would be all the more stuff for your employeer to read about in the local paper

I lived in New Castle for 4 yrs. I found the city cops to be OK....although I never ODed there. I knew a couple of them from the gym......the one over a body shop nextdoor to the NAPA parts store...downtown. The chief was a member there.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    You suggest the OP ask permission to exercise his rights??? Fail.
    If you'd have actually read what I wrote - I never said for him to ask permission. The OP was asking for advice about New Castle's views on OC'ing. I know a lot of the smaller local townships are very pro-OC. All you have to do is stop in grab a map, start some chit chat and you can usually tell within the first few minutes what their overall view of firearms/OC'ing are.

My best advice to the OP is to CC if you don't want to risk hassle due to your job. If not, OC but as always be prepared for an occasional stop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast