Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default help choosing holster

im thinking of picking up the don hume INSIDE WAISTBAND CLIP-ON (OPEN TOP)
    for my 442. what do you guys think of it and is anyone using it for there j frame?

http://www.donhume.com/index.php?mai...q4kd4im9atog00
    All That Is Necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing

(Butler County)

Default Re: help choosing holster

I have/use that model with a Glock 19. It works OK, the clip doesn't hold real tight though. Easy to get off and on, fairly cheap, pretty well made. It works for what I want it for. When I'm serious I use a Crossbreed Supertuck. Holds better and is more comfortable.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bortle View Post
    I have/use that model with a Glock 19. It works OK, the clip doesn't hold real tight though. Easy to get off and on, fairly cheap, pretty well made. It works for what I want it for. When I'm serious I use a Crossbreed Supertuck. Holds better and is more comfortable.
    +1 for the Crossbreed... Sure I've only been wearing it for a week and I have nothing to compare it to, but I really like it so far.
    This is all that I could fit into my signature line.

(Cumberland County)

I have a S&W 637 that is the same size as your 442, and my favorite thing in the world is the DeSantis Nemisis. I will endorse the hell out of these things until the day I die. It is a pocket holster. If you're not into pocket carry I'd reccomend at least trying it. It's nice to have options. The Nemisis only costs $19. It slips in to your pocket nice and easily, holds the gun just tightly enough that it's easy to remove, helps with printing... Did I mention it only costs $19?

I love it, one of mine has actually started to mimic the curve of my thigh, which is cool. For pocket carry you cannot beat them for the price.

When I first got one I picked it up and thought, "This thing looks like a piece of shit..." I couldn't have been more wrong. Check them out.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    I have a S&W 637 that is the same size as your 442, and my favorite thing in the world is the DeSantis Nemisis. I will endorse the hell out of these things until the day I die. It is a pocket holster. If you're not into pocket carry I'd reccomend at least trying it. It's nice to have options. The Nemisis only costs $19. It slips in to your pocket nice and easily, holds the gun just tightly enough that it's easy to remove, helps with printing... Did I mention it only costs $19?

I love it, one of mine has actually started to mimic the curve of my thigh, which is cool. For pocket carry you cannot beat them for the price.

When I first got one I picked it up and thought, "This thing looks like a piece of shit..." I couldn't have been more wrong. Check them out.
    +1. I use a Nemesis for my Kel tec and love it. I know quite a few people that use one for their "pocket guns." I recently picked up a DeSantis Dual Carry for IWB when I'm out running and prefer the gun to be secure on my waist and not jumping around in my pocket.. It's about the same price as the Don Hume and can be IWB or OWB. Mine does have a thumb break, but I think the J frame one are open top.

I use that exact holster for my 442 and I think it's great. My only complaint is that it holds the gun a bit higher than I like but for the money it's an excellent holster.

(Montgomery County)

i was just checking out the crossbreed std its seem like its liked by everyone im going to check on prices but i think im going to get the CB.... anyone have any pics of there holster on??? concealed/open
    All That Is Necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing

(Lancaster County)

Looks like right now you can pick up a Crossbreed for almost half price if you can find one for your handgun in their list of "blemished" holsters. I've had mine a couple weeks and really like it. Google and YouTube will show you lots of examples.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/crossbr...ere-ya-go.html
    Last edited by JJN; September 10th, 2010 at 08:04 AM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by pitbulls&guns View Post
    i was just checking out the crossbreed std its seem like its liked by everyone im going to check on prices but i think im going to get the CB.... anyone have any pics of there holster on??? concealed/open
    With a Glock 23
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is all that I could fit into my signature line.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by pitbulls&guns View Post
    im thinking of picking up the don hume INSIDE WAISTBAND CLIP-ON (OPEN TOP) for my 442. what do you guys think of it and is anyone using it for there j frame?
    I'm wearing that holster right now. As another said, it's a well made holster but it should have a stronger clip. However, I've had no problems and it's been very comfortable. Also, the reinforced opening stays open with the gun removed.

If you want to see/feel the holster in person, check out Insite Firearms in Jeffersonville. They're not far from any point in Philly. They carry that model holster as well as many others. Plus, you can get a $5 off of $25 or more coupon from their site.

http://www.insitefirearms.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast