Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: One in the Chamber

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Hey, let's discuss CCW badges instead!
    What's there to discuss? Is there a second opinion on that subject?
    Je suis déplorable

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    I'll only add this: were ANY guns carried C&L in 1910? Any at all? I'm not certain, but AFAIK, all guns were carried C2 or C3. Was C1 even a concept then? I don't know, but it seems strange to think JMB "designed" a gun for a carry mode that absolutely no one used at that time.
    It was certainly a "concept" for the C96 Mauser, since they later modified the safety to make it EASIER.

It was also a "concept" for the "sight safety" versions of the Colt .38 autos.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    It was certainly a "concept" for the C96 Mauser, since they later modified the safety to make it EASIER.

It was also a "concept" for the "sight safety" versions of the Colt .38 autos.
    Were either of those guns being carried C&L in 1911?

(Allegheny County)

Wow...

No Academy Awards being given out here...
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Bucks County)

i have my gun off my more than i have it on me, accessible. im afraid its gonna be in the wrong hands, so its usually none in the chamber.

if im carrying it i have one in the chamber, uncock da with the safety on.

if i owned a dao pistol with no safety, id only trust a holster with a thumb break, or a serpa. im a big fan of safeties on guns, just because you have the option.

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    Were either of those guns being carried C&L in 1911?
    Can you quote Winston Churchill as chambering a round WHILE engaging the "Fuzzy Wuzzies"?

"Yeah, we made the safety easier to disengage so that you could NOT use it to carry cocked and locked. We were bored waiting for WWI and didn't have anything ELSE to do..." - Fidel Feederle
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(Luzerne County)

Just something to add to the discussion. An account of the recent shooting at the Lake Carey Inn states the shooter was placed in a headlock by the victim. While in the headlock, the shooter pulled out a 45 semi, racked the slide, pushed the gun into the abdomen of the victim and fired. Supposedly, all this happened while still in the headlock. It should be noted the victim was probably drunk or on drugs or both.

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

I was at a gas station the other day and saw a guy driving an old school VW bug and he had a freakin monkey. It was pretty cool. The thing was wearing a diaper and jumped on his shoulder when he got out of the car.

( I figured this was as relevant as discussing this more)
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Northampton County)

To the OP.....
    Without reading thru 58 pages of posts......

I say carry with one in the chamber. I carry with one in the chamber(Glock). If it really bothers you....carry a revolver....I often do. I would say DON'T carry a semi auto with an empty chamber. Use a quality holster that covers the trigger & use a quality belt.
    The best way to carry a 1911 is cocked & locked with one in the pipe.....unless its a Para LDA.....& I'm guessing someone will disagree on that.

If situational awareness and/or tactics worked 100% none of would need to carry. Unless you're a Jedi warrior from Star Wars.....your SA is less than 100%. Anyone who thinks they can't be suprised or struck before getting their gun out of the holster is fooling themselves.

In a proper,quality holster & with proper,safe gun handling technique.....there is minimal danger of an AD/ND. Also...get retention training & pratice it regularly.

Is there a well known,respected armed self defense instructor that recommends carry with an empty chamber?? If so someone please tell me.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by nailer View Post
    Just something to add to the discussion. An account of the recent shooting at the Lake Carey Inn states the shooter was placed in a headlock by the victim. While in the headlock, the shooter pulled out a 45 semi, racked the slide, pushed the gun into the abdomen of the victim and fired. Supposedly, all this happened while still in the headlock. It should be noted the victim was probably drunk or on drugs or both.
    Interesting. I wonder who the victim actually was here.

IMO...Putting someone in a headlock is seldom if ever a good idea. The person in the headlock has both hands & feet free. If he has a weapon....you're in deep do do. If he has fighting or grappeling skills you may end up with a broken arm or leg or choked out.

As for this thread......if the defender was in the headlock a chambered round would be a plus....but remember both of his hands are still free. If I found myself in a headlock....I would try a non deadly response before pulling my gun or a knife.

Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859 LastLast