Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default New Hampshire Guy here

Greetings to fellow gun owners in Dauphin County.

I reside in Manchester, NH however, My daughter and her husband reside in Londonderry Twp/Elizabethtown. Since the birth of my two grandchildren in the last two years, I find I am making more frequent trips down to E-town so I am becoming more acquainted to PA....So far, I find PA to be really awesome, despite the taxes....have really enjoyed the open space, wildlife I have seen, and the place is quite beautiful.

When I visit PA, I take advantage of NH/PA reciprocity for CCW. I appreciate PA gun laws as they pretty much mirror NH so the learning curve was rather small...(in fact, the only difference I see is that PA requires a person to be 21 for a CCW license, while NH has no minimum age)

I am presently a N.H. Hunter Ed/Bowhunter Ed instructor for N.H. Fish & Game Department. Perhaps next year I might be able to take advantage of the fine deer hunting there, as this year I am running for the house here in NH. I was President of the Londonderry Fish & Game Club for the past 5 years and now a sitting board member.

My daughter wants to obtain a CCW license and has asked for my help. I joined the forum primarily to get info about ranges, indoor and outdoor around the area where I might teach her how to properly handle a handgun.

Any help or info would be most-appreciated.
    "An armed Society is a polite society..." -Heinlein

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: New Hampshire Guy here

I'm not familiar with any pay as you go type ranges in the E-town area. Seems most ranges in the area are a part of private clubs. I belong to Middletown Anglers and Hunters, it's the closest range to my home and has 25, 50, 100, and 200 yard ranges. They also have a pavilion set up as an indoor range in the winter months.

(Lancaster County)

deleted. I thought you were talking about other E -Town. One in Lancaster county, Pa
    Last edited by jack76590; August 29th, 2010 at 02:21 AM.

(Dauphin County)

We were actually. The US postal service assigns Elizabethtown addresses to parts of Dauphin County. If you know any daily fee ranges in the Elizabethtown area, I would be interested in learning about these as well.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ConewagoCZ View Post
    We were actually. The US postal service assigns Elizabethtown addresses to parts of Dauphin County. If you know any daily fee ranges in the Elizabethtown area, I would be interested in learning about these as well.
    I don't know how close Mt Joy Sportsmen Association is to you, but link below. Mt. Joy is bordering E-town in Lancaster County. Private club, but reasonable and last I heard no cap on new membership.

http://www.mountjoysportsmen.com/

(Lancaster County)

Conewago since you handle is Conewago, maybe you are near Conewago Rod and Gun Club. I have never been there, but they have a website. Link.

http://www.conewagogunclub.org/

(Lancaster County)

My ADC map of Lancaster County shows gun clubs. If ADC makes a map for Dauphin county I expect it would show gun clubs in Dauphin County.

www.adcmap.com

(Lancaster County)

Then there is the NRA club connections. Link

http://nrahq.org/clubs/

http://www.nra.org/nralocal.aspx
    Last edited by jack76590; August 30th, 2010 at 12:19 AM.

(Dauphin County)

Thanks for the links. I am a member at Middletown Anglers and Hunters. It's a reasonably priced club also, and the closest to me. The original poster, nhdeerhunter, was interested in finding a local range that charged a daily fee rather than a club membership. I agree the clubs around here are a good deal if you shoot regularly, which you should if you are going to carry.

http://anglershunters.com/

(Lancaster County)

Thanks for the links. I am a member at Middletown Anglers and Hunters. It's a reasonably priced club also, and the closest to me. The original poster, nhdeerhunter, was interested in finding a local range that charged a daily fee rather than a club membership. I agree the clubs around here are a good deal if you shoot regularly, which you should if you are going to carry.

http://anglershunters.com/
    Everyone has to do the math for themselves. And a lot depends on how many visits to area OP will make a year. But it is not uncommon for people to drop $15+ each visit to a commercial range. I have found most clubs in the area charge around $50 annual membership fee plus modest initiation fee.

Thanks for your link. Looks like a nice club. We are fortunate in this area.
    Last edited by jack76590; September 1st, 2010 at 02:53 AM.