Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Range Information in HBG/Dauphin?Swatara twp Area

Greetings:

My name is Rick Olson and I reside in Manchester, NH.. My daughter, however, resides in Elizabethtown, PA. I go down to E-town several times per year for Deer Hunting, taking advantage of the fine farmland surrounding where she and her husband live.

As of late, she has expressed an interest in acquiring a handgun for home defense and personal protection. When I visit in PA, I take advantage of PA/NH reciprocity and I bring a couple of guns to carry. She asked that I teach her and I am willing, however I will be in need of facilities to do this.

Does anybody know of any indoor ranges where I might take her to teach her? So far I have found a number of private clubs, but am interested more in for fee range use.

Any suggestions?

Rick

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Range Information in HBG/Dauphin?Swatara twp Area

I wish that I knew of any local (I am from Middletown) public pay indoor ranges. The best that I could suggest is that you find someone that is a member at one of them or join them yourself. Harrisburg has a nice indoor range.

Rick,

Please PM me for my personal contact information. I would be glad to have you and your daughter as a guest of mine at Palmyra Sportsman's Assc. sometime for you to teach her the fundamentals of firearms. As a certified defensive instructor myself, I'd be happy to give my two cents as well. I'd also like to invite you to our annual Field Day (open to the public) on October 9th 2011. Who knows, you may just join afterwards after you see what we have to offer. PM me if you're interested.

~Springfield45
    Last edited by Springfield45; September 26th, 2011 at 02:53 AM.

(Dauphin County)

Harrisburg Hunters and Anglers has an excellent facility with indoor pistol and archery as well as outdoor pistol, rifle, plinking,etc., ranges. They are located near Nyes Rd in Lower Paxton Twp. A Google search will find the web site for more information.

Good luck.

Lee
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Lancaster County)

What are some prices for these clubs? I'm working in Harrisburg right now and need place to take friends and coworkers.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Cumberland County)

Rick Olson. In Etown is a place.. Trop Gun Shop will have their indoor range opened by the end of the year.. That's what they say on their web site..http://www.tropgun.com