Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default Gunsmith in HBG area

I need a recommendation on a gunsmith in the Harrisburg area, my 1911 is broke

Someone with day hours would be preferred.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

(Berks County)

Default Re: Gunsmith in HBG area

Call Bob Enck at Encks Gun Barn,717-949-2215. He's worked on mine, not a "1911 guy" per se but he does good work.

Also, Backwoods Outfitters in Columbia has a smith they send their stuff to, Tom will take care of you.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(Lebanon County)

Victor wolfe, He works in harrisburg and would pick up the gun from you and return it. He lives in perry Co. Ex-MIL and a nice guy tell him kirk sent ya wolfesgunsmithing.com
    Last edited by forceinPA; August 24th, 2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: add

(Dauphin County)

Thanks Kirk, I sent them an email.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

(Lebanon County)

Thumbs up Re: Gunsmith in HBG area

I know I'm really late on this reply and my recommendation is distant, but Randy from "The Handgunner" in Topton PA is the area's best 1911 guy. He does work for professional shooters and I have read reviews stating that people as far away as Pittsburgh travel to his shop for work. I have a basic Springfield GI that I wanted worked over. I had him fit a match Wilson Combat barrel and bushing, 3.5 lb trigger and Novak rear adjustable sight with a fiber optic front sight. He has his own range and shoots the gun thoroughly to test for flaws. I'm am very pleased with the work he did and I can now group .5" at 15 yards with magtec ammo. He does have a lengthy waiting list though but I feel it was worth the wait. I would recommended him to anyone within a 2 hour drive who is looking for 1911 work to look him up. (215) 682-6714. Make a day trip out of it and stop at Cabelas to make it all worth while.