Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs down Hardcore Pawn TV show

Did anyone else watch the second episode where the staff goes to buy guns? Something tells me they didn't show the whole story when the owner of the gun store flips out, rips up the paper work, and throws them out. Given the fact they were buying a lot of items, I can't help but think it wasn't just the negotiating that set him off. Judging by the promos, I never expected to like the show but I figured I'd try it tonight. I wish I could have my time back and I do not recommend it to anyone. It's definitely not it's History Channel rival. They all seem so ignorant especially the owner Les, gimme a break, he probably tries to get a deal on his groceries. I'm definitely not watching this one again. Here's a link to the segment in question on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSqwIIQ5eYY
    Last edited by hertz; August 20th, 2010 at 12:37 AM.

Default Re: Hardcore Pawn TV show

I cant believe they kicked out dave chappelle..
    FJB

(York County)

Yeah, I caught that the other night. Was flipping through and came in just as they were getting set up in the range. Not quite sure why the gun store owner flipped out like that but I missed the lead-in. Definitely a TruTV caliber and not History Channel caliber show. But, more along the lines of what I know of pawn shops compared to the Pawn Stars shop....

(Bucks County)

Wow hardcore pawn? What a blatant rip off! I haven't had a tv in my house for over two months so I'm out of the loop!

(Luzerne County)

Two sides to every story. We saw one. I would like to see the video not included on the program.
    I was annoyed by the bunch before they headed to the range. They seem quite full of themselves and errant in their self confidence...
    IOW, they seemed like a bunch of self important douche nozzles to me.
    Considering they were probably at that shop for hours and we only saw a couple minutes of footage, I'm going to take the liberty to presume the shop owner was most likely justified in his discontent. Maybe not, but I was annoyed with these clowns after only watching a few minutes of their self edited video program, I am not going to be surprised if I side with the shop owner if given the chance to hear their side.

ETA:
    Oh, and did ya catch the part where he whips out his (presumably loaded) carry gun to try the new gun in his holster Without asking for procedure and without concern of sweeping the clerk and anyone on his left side when he set it on the counter.
    We were just discussing this in another thread yesterday
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; August 20th, 2010 at 08:29 AM.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    ETA:
    Oh, and did ya catch the part where he whips out his (presumably loaded) carry gun to try the new gun in his holster Without asking for procedure and without concern of sweeping the clerk and anyone on his left side when he set it on the counter.
    We were just discussing this in another thread yesterday

That right there was pure fail on both sides.

Double fail on the shop owner for grabbing a loaded gun out of his hand at the end.

(Montgomery County)

I saw bad shooting form, thumbs in the way of slides, bullshit crouching at the range and the like. Methinks I know what set off the shop owner...

The main guy was trying to pay for all of the guns. Was everyone going to fill out paperwork? Was the main guy (Les) trying to get some kind of discount continuously. There is nothing wrong with a discount, but add in all the factors and the fact that cameras are catching the whole thing wit possibly dubious paperwork issues and he kicks everyone out. Why? The gun shop owner might have been concerned about his FFL.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

heres my take on it. the shop owner figured he would get some free publicity for doing the show, so he gave the pawn guy a break on prices. pawn guy probably beat him down (big time ) on the guns, bullets, range time etc....
    then to top it off, he asks for a break on the holsters.. now that did it.

the same thing almost happened to me several years back when i was asked to do a job (for free) just because i was going to be on a home improvement show on tv.
    needless to say, i did the job "at full price". just because im going to be on tv doesnt mean my business is going to flourish after the show hits the air. i had one person recognize me, and had no calls.
    FJB

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    That right there was pure fail on both sides.

Double fail on the shop owner for grabbing a loaded gun out of his hand at the end.

i do disagree on the fact that he grabbed a loaded gun outa the other guys hand but then again what the hell was that guy doing holding a loaded gun at that point in time??

if i just ripped up a form and kicked someone out of my shop and he had a gun in his hands my first priority would be to disarm that person for fear of the dumbass shooting me...

on the otherhand... he deserved to be shot because he was irate and grabbed a loaded gun out of my hand so i wold be thinking.. this guy is going to shoot me with my own gun!!! either way its a rediculous show and i dont plan on watching it...

(Monroe County)

I watched just that one show..
    F---- will not watch again.
    I was not sure was the final straw but I'm thinking Detroit is the new NJ for self absorbed a-holes on TV.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast