Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Weaver 40/44 Scope Review

I recently picked up a TC Venture Predator in 223 Rem and was in search of a a decent scope for varmint hunting/target shooting that offered good clarity and higher magnification for a decent price. I found a used Weaver 40/44 6.5x20 for $150.00 and figured i would have to give it a try for that price and the optics appeared to be very clear. I have had a few Weaver Classic and Grand Slam scopes before and was very happy with them also.

First trip to the range I ran the box test on it twice with no problems at all. The adjustment knobs are mid sized and have smooth and audible adjustment and the click adjustments are 1/8". The optics are very clear and crisp from 6.5 all the way to 20x and I really didn't see any of the "fuzziness" that you sometimes see with the lower end scopes once you get above 14x.

This maybe one of the best value scopes i have ever owned!!! I have a few VXII's, VXIII's, Monarchs, and Buckmaters and while i wouldn't compare it to my leupolds, I would definately compare it to any of the nikons I have and this scope is only fraction of the price!! Overall I am thrilled with the scope and recommend it to everbody and plan on buying a few more in the near future for my smaller caliber rifles.

The new price on these scopes through SWFA is only $189.95. If you want to check them out here is the link.

http://swfa.com/Weaver-65-20x44-4044...pe-P40587.aspx
    Last edited by Motown; August 19th, 2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Update Pricing

(Butler County)

Default Re: Weaver 40/44 Scope Review

I'm a big fan of Weaver, great value glass.

I had an issue with a brand that Weaver purchased. (Not even mfg'd by them) They promptly replaced it with brand new one, that I'm very happy with.

Thanks for the Review! I may get one for the new .243