Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Default Re: Police Chief threatens me

Wow, i'm impressed - thank you
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

(Montgomery County)

Thumbs down Re: Police Chief threatens me

This is a textbook example of the WRONG way to deal with public employees.

1. Don't engage some receptionist/clerk in anything beyond "did you receive this?" She's just a low level bimbo who answers the phone and greets people who have township business. Nobody gives a flying fook about what she thinks, so your engaging her only emboldens her to give an opinion.

2. Don't engage ANY township official OFF THE RECORD. Get these morons to address your concerns ON THE RECORD, IN PUBLIC, IN THE TOWNSHIP SUPERVISORS' MONTHLY MEETING. If possible, get ahold of the local paper and speak to the reporter who covers your township's meetings. I believe the Pottstown Mercury is your local rag. You allowed the police chief to ask you a number of questions, which you willingly answered, that were none of his effing business. First, "do you live in the township?" and "are you a lawyer?" are irrelevant and I would have told him as much. And when he barked "this conversation is over", I'd have said "Promise? I'm not the douchebag who initiated it; YOU are."

Only talk to township stooges ON THE RECORD, so that it is on the record what a moron your police chief is with regard to not knowing the law. I can assure you that he would NOT make those threatening, uninformed, asinine statements on the record, in front of his township supervisors and in front of a public audience.

Summary:

There is a time and a place for your fight; the lobby of your township building is NOT it!

You need to hone your skills regarding ignoring questions which you have no requirement to answer.
    Last edited by Yentl Marmelstein; August 19th, 2010 at 04:07 PM.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by chipminto View Post
    Chief: "Well I tell you what, if I ask for ID and you won't give it to me I will be taking you into custody"
    According to the OP's version we have yet another police chief that ignores his act120 training on detention and ID and then further ignores his mandatory MPEOTC training that addressed ID and OC last year for those underachievers that still were getting it wrong.

If this is true, give chief these links:

http://www.lildobe.net/PAFOA_Docs/MP...pdate_2009.pdf
    And tell him to pay attention this time, his job could depend on it.

Or else.....
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/390...nt-thread.html
    http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...ity-5-9-a.html
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; August 19th, 2010 at 06:04 PM.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by lionsfury814 View Post
    Im afraid that if the police ask for ID and you refuse to provide it you can be detained until you can be identified, and if your carrying the police would have reasonable enough suspicion to ask for ID to make sure your not a convicted felon. I understand its not fair but thats how it works, I've seen it happen, police ask for ID you refuse or lie about your name or whatever, police can and most often will detain you for identification with the thought you have something to hide. So my advice I guess is if they ask for ID just avoid the drama and give them ID then if you are arrested you have a good reason to be mad and they cant say you were only arrested for identification purposes.

and if you want to carry a voice recorder and possibly use it in the event you end up and court someday make sure, tape rolling you inform the person you are taping that you are in fact taping them. That way it wont be thrown out when trying to enter it into evidence.
    you sir are the type of sheeple this police chief wants in his town.

(Berks County)

Douglass Township Berks County 2010 Meeting Dates

Board of Supervisors: 7:00
    September 13, October 11, November 8, and December 13.

Park and Recreation Committee: 7:30
    September 7, October 4, November 1, and December 6.

Chief David Franke
    dfranke.dougberks@comcast.net

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yentl Marmelstein View Post
    This is a textbook example of the WRONG way to deal with public employees.

1. Don't engage some receptionist/clerk in anything beyond "did you receive this?" She's just a low level bimbo who answers the phone and greets people who have township business. Nobody give a flying fook about what she thinks, so your engaging her only emboldens her to give an opinion.

2. Don't engage ANY township official OFF THE RECORD. Get these morons to address your concerns ON THE RECORD, IN PUBLIC, IN THE TOWNSHIP SUPERVISORS' MONTHLY MEETING. If possible, get ahold of the local paper and speak to the reporter who covers your township's meetings. I believe the Pottstown Mercury is your local rag. You allowed the police chief to ask you a number of questions, which you willingly answered, that were none of his effing business. First, "do you live in the township?" is irrelevant and I would have told him as much.

Only talk to township stooges ON THE RECORD, so that it is on the record what a moron your police chief is with regard to not knowing the law. I can assure you that he would NOT make those threatening, uninformed, asinine statements on the record, in front of his township supervisors and in front of a public audience.

Summary:

There is a time and a place for your fight; the lobby of your township building is NOT it!

You need to hone your skills regarding ignoring questions which you have no requirement to answer.
    You are correct that it will not accomplish anything. He must bring it up at a meeting on the record.

However, I'm not going to fault the guy for having a conversation, off the record, in the twp building lobby. It was a chance occurrence and I would have entertained the convo myself.

I don't believe the OP has any misconceptions about this fact, he even hints towards it in the OP/dialog and is apparently planning on doing just that.

OP, don't forget to bring your recorder to the meeting so we all can hear what goes down.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Cumberland County)

Everytime I read a story such as this on this site I'm surprised by how misinformed the guys who are supposed to be ENFORCING the law really are. Good luck with this, and thanks for standing up for the rights of every Pa Resident who might have been effected by this chief and police departments ignorance.
    Proud To Be Repless on PAFOA

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    You are correct that it will not accomplish anything. He must bring it up at a meeting on the record.

However, I'm not going to fault the guy for having a conversation, off the record, in the twp building lobby. It was a chance occurrence and I would have entertained the convo myself.

I don't believe the OP has any misconceptions about this fact, he even hints towards it in the OP/dialog and is apparently planning on doing just that.

OP, don't forget to bring your recorder to the meeting so we all can hear what goes down.
    Still that behavior is certainly grounds for a demeanor complaint to the council/supervisors.

(Montgomery County)

Question Re: Police Chief threatens me

Is this the township building on 73, near the intersection with Rte. 100?

I think my attorney is their township solicitor.

It's not on the township's website, but if you can do some research and post it here, I will confirm that. A call to him might be in order.

PAPatriot:

Why would you have likewise engaged this jerk in conversation?

Although you're probably better-educated than all of us here, due to your circumstances, what makes you think the greater depth of your knowledge would have produced a result that would be any different from that which the OP encountered?

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yentl Marmelstein View Post
    Why would you have likewise engaged this jerk in conversation?

Although you're probably better-educated than all of us here, due to your circumstances, what makes you think the greater depth of your knowledge would have produced a result that would be any different from that which the OP encountered?
    Why not try and feel him out, and see what can be done before going higher? That would be like seeing your co-worker popping pills, so you go and rat to your boss, when in reality, the co-worker needs them due to some health issue. If you would have just talked to the co-worker, you would have been more honest, understanding, and could have avoided the situation.

Nothing wrong with trying the lower level, and working up from there. At least now he knows he has to go one more. If the township refuses to do anything, he's going to have to go another step up the chain of command... Business as usual...
    III%

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast