Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default My .22 Marlin 795 is more fun than my AK or all my other toys. Anyone feel same?

I realize that each tool has its own unique use but I find myself lately bringing out all of my favorite toys only to run 525 rounds of .22lr through the 795 and 20 rounds in my AK.

Has anyone else run into this phenomenom? I guess I should just go ahead and attend a appleseed event already. Yesterday my buddy and I taught his girl friend how to shoot for the first time. By night fall she was punching holes in lemons at 100 yards. The citris "Red Mist" was just awesome in the scope.

Yes, the rear scopr mount is off the rail. I snapped the pic when my little brother was running for the flat head. Somehow it was knocked in transit. Kept its zero though remarkably.

All I need now is a hi-cap mag already!

(Perry County)

Default Re: My .22 Marlin 795 is more fun than my AK or all my other toys. Anyone feel same?

I have to agree the Marlin 795 is a bargain on a smile per dollar basis.

I have one set up for Appleseed with tech sites and it is excellent. I'd seriously recommend you try the Appleseed program, after hunting for 50 years I learned so much in two days I was stunned.

However, you want fun get an M1 Garand, that baby is all rifle.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: My .22 Marlin 795 is more fun than my AK or all my other toys. Anyone feel same?

I think shooting .22 is always fun. It's cheap, and easy. My Ruger MKIII is always with me when I hit the range, and now that I have a M&P 15-22 I'm going through bulk packs like crazy. It's just downright fun. There's no pressure to preform, you're just slinging .22 caliber slugs all over the range (safely of course). It's great for new shooter and people who have been shooting all their lives. I love the .22 lr.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Bucks County)

I primarily shoot .22 for the cost, but I admit it is a ton of fun too. Before I bought a .22, I didn't get it and would be the first guy to say how it couldn't be any fun.

Now I realize the value in it as well as how much fun it is!

Marlin makes great rifles and are definitely my top pick for off the shelf .22 rifles.

However I really like my Model 60 with the tube fed magazine. It loads really quick (surprisingly quick) and has never given me any trouble. Sure I can't have 10 magazines all ready to go, but that really doesn't bother me.

-Zach

(Monroe County)

While I enjoy shooting larger calibers like my Mauser and AK, I love just plinking away with my 22 Conversion on my Sig pistol and my Sig 522 rifle. I've taken out more targets with the 22's than I hav with any larger caliber. I shoot at wood and bowling pins hanging from strings.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Allegheny County)

.22LR is only fun because it doesn't cost anything compared to shooting anything else.

I have way more fun with the AK than I do nearly anything else.

To each his own.

(Allegheny County)

This is why the explosion in popularity of the .22 "EBRs"; SIG522, S&W M&P15/22, GSGs, Umarex Colts and HKs. And the variety of .22 kits for ARs.

Companies that want to make money should take notice - huge gap of unfulfilled income from .22 MP44/StG44, FAMAS, L85, AUG, G36, classics like the Garand, BAR, a quality TSMG, G3, FAL, Sterling, Galil, etc.

We have .22 magazine technologies today that make rimfire hi-caps far more viable than days of old to support such designs.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Berks County)

I picked up a 350 ct. box of Federal Auto Match .22 LR Ammunition for under $15. How can emptying that box not be fun
    Last edited by JMIS; August 19th, 2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: spelling?

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by JMIS View Post
    I picked up a 350 ct. box of Federal Auto Match .22 LR Ammunition for under $15. How can emptying that box not be fun
    That is my go to ammo for the 795, seems to love it and shoot it nearly as well as the "high priced spread".

(Monroe County)

I love my 22's but as Asmodeus6 says it is because of the price. I get my fix with a few rounds through my other guns but the bulk of my plinking is through my 22's. If ammo was all the same price I probably would not even own a 22lr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast