Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rgun?

(Bedford County)

Default rgun?

found a new AR for sale the guy says is made by RGun. I never heard of that make. Is it a good one or a cheapie to stay away from?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: rgun?

That would be these guys here.

http://www.rguns.net/

I have no idea about their particular quality. But as far as I can guess they are just doing the assembling. They are not a manufacturer of any kind. So whatever they are selling they are simply putting together from other people's parts. Which could go any which way depending on where they are sourcing the parts and who's doing the assembly.

I think they were the ones selling REALLY shitty receivers not too long ago. So... if that was them. I wouldn't touch anything they put out just on principle.

(Bedford County)

Thanks, I had bad vibes about it so that's why I asked. Just found a Colt for a reasonable price, so that's what I'll get.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    That would be these guys here.

http://www.rguns.net/

I think they were the ones selling REALLY shitty receivers not too long ago. So... if that was them. I wouldn't touch anything they put out just on principle.
    i actually bought a few of those recievers, and they all went togather perfect i had no complaints about them.

(York County)

If this is the same R Guns that frequently advertises in Shotgun News stay away from them.

I bought a "handselect" Mosim Nagant with handpicked year and instead of getting what I wanted, got what they had. Also they advertised the usual accessories (sling, oil bottle, bayonet...) yet I got nothing. It was no bargain, and when contacted about the missing accessories, got excuses and no accessories.

They also charged truly outrageous shipping fees.

They are out of Carpentersville, Illinois. I used to live about 10 miles from them. As was said stay away. They are famous for advertising what they don't have, take forever to ship, and usually ship incomplete orders, or else the wrong thing all together. I've heard a ton more bad about them than I have good. As far as Mosins, go with Classic Arms. It's a family run outfit, and they ship promptly. I faxed them my C&R and placed an order. 12 hours later I received a Tracking Number from UPS. They are scheduled to arrive in a few hours. I'll post some pics as soon as I get a chance. Bill T.

(Allegheny County)

R Guns sells on price not quality. I would steer clear from the gun.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Northampton County)

I never bought from them.

In the past couple years they sold Israeli 'milspec' surplus that turned out to be floor-sweepings from what I have heard. Missing projectiles, bent projectiles, smashed brass, empty brass (squibs), HPs and SPs mixed in with the ball. I heard they sold rifle ammo the same way.

I've never bought anything from them. Just what I heard.

I've bought 545 ammo from them . $20 shipping and at my house within 2 days.

Bought Alotta 308 AR stuff from them as well without a hitch.

They have "RGUNS" receivers BUT ALmost all of their stuff is DPMS.

really would like a "Kitty Kat" 7" upper for christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I never bought from them.

In the past couple years they sold Israeli 'milspec' surplus that turned out to be floor-sweepings from what I have heard. Missing projectiles, bent projectiles, smashed brass, empty brass (squibs), HPs and SPs mixed in with the ball. I heard they sold rifle ammo the same way.

I've never bought anything from them. Just what I heard.
    Yeah, but their all naked girlie / gun calander is pretty nice though! Bill T.

http://www.rguns.net/other.shtml (scroll down)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast